• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Bram Stoker's Dracula #1
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I think I'd go 8.0 here. There's a couple of spine ticks near the top staple that are big enough they may have graduated to "creases", plus that impact divot under the D in Dracula. It may just be the image and my brain working, but feel like the top right corner has a bit of a non-color-breaking wide bend also. Also, a little softness to the corners, especially at bottom, and that bad ding on the back cover spine near the bottom.

My big question is about that half-circle of non-red in the Topps logo. Is that a printing defect (which won't count against grade here) or a surface scuff that removed ink (which very much would)?

I thought it may have been defect but I could not completely tell from the pic...

5 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

I think I'd go 8.0 here. There's a couple of spine ticks near the top staple that are big enough they may have graduated to "creases", plus that impact divot under the D in Dracula. It may just be the image and my brain working, but feel like the top right corner has a bit of a non-color-breaking wide bend also. Also, a little softness to the corners, especially at bottom, and that bad ding on the back cover spine near the bottom.

My big question is about that half-circle of non-red in the Topps logo. Is that a printing defect (which won't count against grade here) or a surface scuff that removed ink (which very much would)?

On 5/24/2021 at 5:55 PM, Qalyar said:

I have checked the comic again and all the issues that you have mentioned are shockingly correct! The half-circle of non-red in the Topps logo is a surface scuff, not a printing error. Thanks for your in depth investigation.