• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 34
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Got this from auction about a month ago. Wanted to get opinions to see if matched theirs. There is a 3 inch wrinkle from  bottom middle of FC that does not show up in pictures just left of Deadly .. Pages off white to cream with some tanning at edge.

Thanks.

34 Avengers Fb.jpg

34 Avengers Fb1.jpg

34 Avengers Fb2.jpg

34 Avengers Fb3.jpg

34 Avengers Fb4.jpg

34 Avengers inside 1.jpg

34 Avengers inside 2a.jpg

34 Avengers Ba.jpg

34 Avengers Ba1.jpg

34 Avengers Ba3.jpg

34 Avengers Ba2.jpg

10 hours ago, Amazeron said:

6.0...I’m still new to the whole gist of cleaning and pressing, but could this book benefit from one?

Sure...might help the back cover soiling/ink transfers.  Will definitely help to flatten any non-color breaking spine creases me may not see.  It's hard to know for sure without the book in hand. (thumbsu

On 5/28/2021 at 7:37 AM, Amazeron said:

6.0...I’m still new to the whole gist of cleaning and pressing, but could this book benefit from one?

IMO...no

gocollect has this sitting at $46 as a 6.0. With a clean and press, many of the defects will still be there. If you somehow come out with an 8.0 you will then have an $80.00 book. But, I'm pretty sure it's going to cost more than $34 to do the work. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of experience either on this...but looking at the dollars involved, I don't feel it's worth it. I would however be interested in hearing other opinions.

On 5/29/2021 at 4:24 PM, ninanina said:

IMO...no

gocollect has this sitting at $46 as a 6.0. With a clean and press, many of the defects will still be there. If you somehow come out with an 8.0 you will then have an $80.00 book. But, I'm pretty sure it's going to cost more than $34 to do the work. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of experience either on this...but looking at the dollars involved, I don't feel it's worth it. I would however be interested in hearing other opinions.

This book would look sweet slabbed and if it's for your PC...go for it! And if you do slab it definitely get a C&P (because if it's for the PC you should get the best out of the book as much as you can! but that's just my humble opinion)

And the answer.is... MyComicShop had it graded as a 5.5! They do tend to be pretty good in their grading, unlike a lot of auction houses that are 1 to 2 grades too high..and ebay well...:frustrated: