• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Family #1 CGC - Current Market Value
1 1

63 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Are you asking if my copy is a 7.5? If is, heck no. Just a measly 2.5, but a VERY nice looking 2.5 that cost me peanuts ages ago. 

Any grade on this book is great. (thumbsu I had asked because there is a key issue comics in Canada and he has/had a 7.5 last time i accessed the site. 

21 hours ago, Timeless icons said:

Any grade on this book is great. (thumbsu I had asked because there is a key issue comics in Canada and he has/had a 7.5 last time i accessed the site. 

Please provide the URL. I owned the domain for keyissuescomics.com until recently. Thanks!

(Just curious.)

2 hours ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Please provide the URL. I owned the domain for keyissuescomics.com until recently. Thanks!

(Just curious.)

Ahhh wrong site. It was ultimatekeyissuecomics.com but it looks like the site is not accessable at least for me. I know for sure, there was a 7.5 listed there. 

9 minutes ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Yeah, and those of us with one to sell are waiting for someone else to be the auction guinea pig. :wishluck:

True for most people I'd wager. Definitely keeping mine long term as I'm looking forward to the movies between Black Adam, Shazam (really dislike calling him that but...) and Superman, if he shows up. This book is also one of those rare instances where the character doesn't make their appearance on the cover but I actually don't mind since I think the cover is great as is. 

1 hour ago, Timeless icons said:

True for most people I'd wager. Definitely keeping mine long term as I'm looking forward to the movies between Black Adam, Shazam (really dislike calling him that but...) and Superman, if he shows up. This book is also one of those rare instances where the character doesn't make their appearance on the cover but I actually don't mind since I think the cover is great as is. 

Him not being on the cover is why I never made that big purchase. Same issue with first Captain Marvel Jr

2 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Him not being on the cover is why I never made that big purchase. Same issue with first Captain Marvel Jr

I would rather have him on cover but as long as the cover art is decent, I don't mind. That's one thing I disliked about a copy of more fun comics 73 that I had. Great book, terrible cover. A lot of people feel that way about Strange Tales 110 too. I'm not a fan of the 110 cover to begin with though. In this case, its different. I do like this one. 

Edited by Timeless icons

10 hours ago, Timeless icons said:

I would rather have him on cover but as long as the cover art is decent, I don't mind. That's one thing I disliked about a copy of more fun comics 73 that I had. Great book, terrible cover. A lot of people feel that way about Strange Tales 110 too. I'm not a fan of the 110 cover to begin with though. In this case, its different. I do like this one. 

Darkseid and the Silver Surfer are other major characters in the same boat. And man, FF48 is such a TERRIBLE cover. That's why I love FF50 so much. It's the Surfer's first 'real' cover appearance. Yeah, I know he's on the cover of FF49, but he's kind of lost in the shuffle there.

9 hours ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Darkseid and the Silver Surfer are other major characters in the same boat. And man, FF48 is such a TERRIBLE cover. That's why I love FF50 so much. It's the Surfer's first 'real' cover appearance. Yeah, I know he's on the cover of FF49, but he's kind of lost in the shuffle there.

FF 50 cover really is superb. 

On 6/22/2021 at 6:49 PM, Timeless icons said:

But at least it had Dr. Fate on it. Half-mask face granted...

5 minutes ago, Howling Mad said:

But at least it had Dr. Fate on it. Half-mask face granted...

It was just the red background. I felt that more could have been done to liven up the background, rather than just red. Would have been nice to see Aquaman or Green Arrow front and center though.

On 6/23/2021 at 6:17 AM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

The FF 48 cover is awesome!  Just cause it doesn't showcase the character like FF 50 does, doesn't make it terrible.  You don't see the Surfer on the cover but it forces you to use your imagination since something big is coming as they all gather and look up to the sky, mixed with the nice brown/black background color. That's what's wrong with today's comics, they don't let the reader use their imagination anymore by using a key scene in the story, but rather just show off the character instead. Which is pretty boring, unless you own the OA.  

On 6/29/2021 at 11:51 PM, Kevin76 said:

The FF 48 cover is awesome!  Just cause it doesn't showcase the character like FF 50 does, doesn't make it terrible.  You don't see the Surfer on the cover but it forces you to use your imagination since something big is coming as they all gather and look up to the sky, mixed with the nice brown/black background color. That's what's wrong with today's comics, they don't let the reader use their imagination anymore by using a key scene in the story, but rather just show off the character instead. Which is pretty boring, unless you own the OA.  

I think it's a terrible cover. The expression on the Watcher's face and his overall body language suggests that someone has reached under his robes and violated him. Not one of Kirby's best in my opinion. It has nothing to do with needing my imagination. 

I'm glad you appreciate it though!

Edited by KEY ISSUES Comics

2 hours ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

I think it's a terrible cover. The expression on the Watcher's face and his overall body language suggests that someone has reached under his robes and violated him. Not one of Kirby's bests in my opinion. It has nothing to do with needing my imagination. 

My biggest gripe with FF48’s cover is the watcher’s forehead. I always see some kind of weird skin curtain…

5 hours ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

I think it's a terrible cover. The expression on the Watcher's face and his overall body language suggests that someone has reached under his robes and violated him. Not one of Kirby's bests in my opinion. It has nothing to do with needing my imagination. 

It's better than at least half of Ditko's Spideys. :baiting:

I owned 4 different copies of Marvel Family 1 over the last few years and I wouldn't say it is a rare book.  I think you are looking at post-paper drive years and a comic line which was a best seller.  The best I had was a CGC 5.5 I bought raw in a Sunday Heritage auction for $700 and eventually sold to someone here.  Just bought a fifth copy I thought was underpriced.

Edited by Heronext

On 6/30/2021 at 10:49 PM, Heronext said:

I owned 4 different copies of Marvel Family 1 over the last few years and I wouldn't say it is a rare book.  I think you are looking at post-paper drive years and a comic line which was a best seller.  The best I had was a CGC 5.5 I bought raw in a Sunday Heritage auction for $700 and eventually sold to someone here.  Just bought a fifth copy I thought was underpriced.

But it must be "rare" in comparison to SA though CA Marvel/DC books, right?