• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reimagining Classic Comic Covers
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hey all, so a good friend of mine wants to commission a slight reimagining of classic comics covers and is looking for ideas. Here's the background. He works at Disney, focused on Security. We wants to commission a series of unique comics covers that are based on unique covers from 60s to 90s. The idea is to make a unique cover for Lucasfilm (from classic star wars series), one from Avengers, one based on a Walt Disney Animation movie, and another based on a Pixar movie. The message would be around protecting the movie making magic. Think Star Destroyer / Millennium Falcon "loose lips sink star ships".  If the cover doesn't exactly tell the security story, that's okay, if it's iconic or eye catching and can be reworked. As a thank you, he says he'll ship a final print to anyone who's idea gets used.  Note that these are for internal use at Disney, they will NOT be publicly released.

It might be helpful to look for artists elsewhere (deviant art, instagram), or at the very least also mention what your friends budget is for such a thing in case any are interesting here (as that will skew differently depending on artist styles and what work are you wanting done - full layouts & inks and colouring I assume?). I've had several custom re-imagined covers done for my own personal collection (I like to buy rare key books missing their covers and then make brand new better versions to attach - however I only get line art commissioned as I can do the rest myself) and can say it does get expensive.