• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Inserted Twice

6 posts in this topic

I came across an issue with the verbiage, "Interior Inserted Twice." I've seen this before and the explanation provided is that the issue contains two copies. Not sure what that looks like, then again it doesn't matter since it's in a slab. For those with the knowledge, can you please assist?

(1) What does the verbiage mean wrt the cover? I'm guessing the cover does not apply since is says "interior".

(2) How are the pages numbered/stacked? For example: (a) one complete issue stacked on top of the other (in sequence until it gets to the center and then restarts, page 1-16, then again 1-16 center spine and 16-32 and again 16-32) or (b) pages intermixed (pages in the following order 1,2, 1,2, 3, 4, 3,4)

On 6/7/2021 at 2:20 PM, Upgrayedd2 said:

I came across an issue with the verbiage, "Interior Inserted Twice." I've seen this before and the explanation provided is that the issue contains two copies. Not sure what that looks like, then again it doesn't matter since it's in a slab. For those with the knowledge, can you please assist?

(1) What does the verbiage mean wrt the cover? I'm guessing the cover does not apply since is says "interior".

(2) How are the pages numbered/stacked? For example: (a) one complete issue stacked on top of the other (in sequence until it gets to the center and then restarts, page 1-16, then again 1-16 center spine and 16-32 and again 16-32) or (b) pages intermixed (pages in the following order 1,2, 1,2, 3, 4, 3,4)

Oh Lordy...:ohnoez:

This usually means the entire interior is in the correct order, just that two complete copies of the interior were inserted instead of just one. So it would be a normal comic book except there's an extra interior for whatever reason. When the pages are inserted out of order, the graders have to figure that out as well. It's actually one of the reasons alcoholic beverages will always be in demand...

I assume this book received a Qualified grade? 

9 hours ago, Upgrayedd2 said:

Given the option between a 'standard' issue vs a double-cover, inserted twice or cover that does not match the issue inside, I will always choose the standard. 

Thank you for the responses.

Why?