• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Iron Man Sub-Mariner 1
3 3

15 posts in this topic

Mostly just an accumulation of a few minor defects. Some very minute chips on the right open edge front cover above the topmost stone, stress lines at staples, slightly blunted top left and lower left corners with some stress lines.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

IMSM1_front.jpg

IMSM1_back.jpg

Edited by alecholland

Thanks for sharing this really sweet copy. I want to say 8.0/8.5 but I could see it maybe going to 9.0.

Spine creases, Rusty staples, light foxing on the back, fuzzy bottom left corner, rounded top right corner.

6.5 from me. You should add a picture of the staples and we’ll hone in on a tighter grade range for you.

1 hour ago, Zegeroth said:

Spine creases, Rusty staples, light foxing on the back, fuzzy bottom left corner, rounded top right corner.

6.5 from me. You should add a picture of the staples and we’ll hone in on a tighter grade range for you.

Hmm... staples aren't rusty and back is actually clean. It does have the corner issues though and the staple stress. I'm not sure where you are seeing the light foxing. I pulled the book out again to double check. Staples are good too.

Edited by alecholland

12 hours ago, alecholland said:

I'm grateful for the input on the book from everyone. I was kind of in the 7.5 range on this one, maybe 8.0. But maybe I'll drop down to a 7.0 based on the comments.

Thanks again!

Add pictures of the staples and closer zoom on the back cover paper quality, and we might be able to help more.  I see almost green on the back cover by the staple.  That highly influences my opinion of the grade.

Here's a closer cropped version of the two staples from my original scan. I have looked at both staples with a magnifying glass and don't see any rust. The larger scan may still not help.

IMSM1_topStaple.jpg.dfce350726164be449813ecb6715a62d.jpg

IMSM1_bottomStaple.jpg.28ec2970f2529cf96f0016fd31304d4f.jpg