• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For this much $$$, I would like a couple of scans.....

40 posts in this topic

Is this genuine? A power seller with 500+ feedback sounds good, but if this was the comic equivalent, alarm bells would be ringing. If it were real, would the $395k figure sound right or is it too high?

This seller has been on ebay for ages, and if memory serves he's never had scans in his auctions. He seems to regularly (try to) sell pricey GA & SA books, and always offers time payments. I've always assumed he was legit, just clueless. When you regularly sell books worth 1000s of dollars, probably time to invest in a scanner!

Dan

If it's true (and it very well may be), what do you think a realistic price would be?

Stephen

Well, I hate to dog someone's ongoing auction. It could sell at that price... what do I know. But, I would think a more reasonable price if there is such a thing for such a Big piece would be in the 100 to 150k range. Maybe a tad more if Heritage got a hold of it, or if it was sold with some trade and or time payments. Dan

how many pages are in the story. and is the cover around. ? who did the cover kirby ? that has to be crazy loot.

larry

Kirby and Heck did the cover.

The auction is for the splash and entire story, NOT the cover.

Don Heck did the art to the interior story and splash.

how many pages are in the story. and is the cover around. ? who did the cover kirby ? that has to be crazy loot.

larry

Didn't Kirby do layouts on teh story as well? Dan

larry

Didn't Kirby do layouts on teh story as well? Dan

Nope, not officially anyway. According to the credits, it was Stan Lee, Don Heck, and Artie Simek (letterer).

Interestingly, the issue also has backup stories by Gene Colan and one by Steve Ditko. I wonder if this guy has the whole issue or just the Iron Man story.

rhino. thanks on the info. but would this guy do better money wise to let heritage auction the story off. at least it is a lil more professional than flying to fla to do a back alley deal like its a cash and carry drug deal. those terms just sounds a lil shady for me. confused-smiley-013.gif

larry

rhino. thanks on the info. but would this guy do better money wise to let heritage auction the story off. at least it is a lil more professional than flying to fla to do a back alley deal like its a cash and carry drug deal. those terms just sounds a lil shady for me. confused-smiley-013.gif

larry

I agree, doesn't seem like the best way to do it and as you say it does sound shady. But I've never underestimated the naivete or stupidity of some sellers.

Could you imagine if something like this was auctioned off by Heritage? It'd be HUGE!!!