• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For this much $$$, I would like a couple of scans.....

40 posts in this topic

Awesome. Thanks for posting the scan.

So this has traded hands publicly before. Has any other of the Marvel Silver Age mega-key art traded hands at public auction or public sale? Was it some JIM #83 art that was up for auction in the early/mid-90's or was that another early issue?

edit: And there's also been some Avengers #1 art out there for sale publicly, maybe?

So,..is this 395K for the Iron Man story or the entire book ?

Stephen,..if your game,..Im game,...lets go halfsies.

KK

I emailed the seller. He only has the Heck Iron Man story, not the Colan or Ditko backup stories.

50K a page. I want the Cover but Id settle for the Splash. The rest,..50K a page,..probably worth it but not in my interest.

KK

Id probably pay 100K just for the splash. And for Heck thats alotta $$$.

PS - That antaneae is awesome !!!

So,..is this 395K for the Iron Man story or the entire book ?

Stephen,..if your game,..Im game,...lets go halfsies.

KK

I emailed the seller. He only has the Heck Iron Man story, not the Colan or Ditko backup stories.

50K a page. I want the Cover but Id settle for the Splash. The rest,..50K a page,..probably worth it but not in my interest.

KK

Id probably pay 100K just for the splash. And for Heck thats alotta $$$.

PS - That antaneae is awesome !!!

The seller said HE's looking for the cover. He said he had the cover recreation but sold it a while back.

......wonder what he is looking to finance,..I imagine there is something of equal or higher caliber on his radar.

KK

I don't know KK- buy it for 40k sell it for 400k... who wouldn't??!!

Oh Dan,...you think so linearly,...

this is OA we are talking about,..$$$$ comes and $$$$ goes but there is only ONE TOS 39 interior art.

KK

The guy is, I agree with Dan, clearly fishing....I wonder what his price is.

I think 4 - 5 times his decade old buy of $46K seems about right,...

$184K - $230K

KK,

That seems like a reasonable estimate. It would be a good deal at 200K, for the right buyer who has the money, time and energy to break it up and sell them individually.

That's a fair estimate. He is definitely fishing -- putting it up at $395k and seeing what somebody will offer. That way there's no obligation to sell, unless somebody actually ponies up the full amount, and in that case, take the money and run.

I'd like to see the condition of the interior pages. That splash is sweeeeet!!

The guy is, I agree with Dan, clearly fishing....I wonder what his price is.

I think 4 - 5 times his decade old buy of $46K seems about right,...

$184K - $230K

I think that know everyone knows where the art is, a deal will be made and this artwork will disappear back into the ether followed by rumors of what it sold/traded for...

...and yes, I've seen a page or two from JIM #83 and Avengers #1. The most 'historic' Iron Man work I've ever seen was at the National in NYC about 4 years ago. I don't know which dealer, but they had JUST purchased the entire story from TOS #48 and the 3 successive pages of Iron Man transforming into his new armor could've been had for 10K w/o negotiating. I think the new armor splash was $7500. The other pages were in the neighborhood of 2K and were selling briskly. I, unfortunately, was without funds and just getting back into collecting at the time...