• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(CLOSED) More Early Marvels ... including SS4 and XMen14 slabs and all 29 Planet of the Apes' mags
3 3

95 posts in this topic

Three more comics, then an entire change of pace as I list the entire 29-issue magazine run of Planet of the Apes.

First up: X-Men 14 in 0.5 Poor. OW. Do you really want me to list the flaws? The cover is barely holding on at the top staple, and thus endth the good news. Tears, pieces missing, spine split. But, yes, it's the first Sentinels, and coverless copies have gone for $50. So, let's go $60 SOLD to october

IMG_3889.jpeg

IMG_3890.jpeg

IMG_3891.jpeg

IMG_3892.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin

3 minutes ago, SteveDuin said:

Three more comics, then an entire change of pace as I list the entire 29-issue magazine run of Planet of the Apes.

First up: X-Men 14 in 0.5 Poor. OW. Do you really want me to list the flaws? The cover is barely holding on at the top staple, and thus endth the good news. Tears, pieces missing, spine split. But, yes, it's the first Sentinels, and coverless copies have gone for $50. So, let's go $60

IMG_3889.jpeg

IMG_3890.jpeg

IMG_3891.jpeg

IMG_3892.jpeg

Take it

And the last comic/slab from this collection: Silver Surfer 4. CGC VG+ 4.5. COW. An iconic cover. Bright colors, like all these books. Yeah, I know: the price is over GPA. But a year from now, you're going to regret you didn't buy it and I'm going to regret that I let it go. $1200.

IMG_3966.jpeg

IMG_3970.jpeg

And now the Planet of the Apes' run, from the same collection that including the EC Cochran reprints and the Savage Swords. Condition varies, but some sweet copies here. Page quality is COW or better. As I noted at the opening of the thread, I can't send magazines via media mail, so these puppies will be mailed first class.

Planet of the Apes 1. VF 8.0 COW. Slight overhang of cover along top right edge, faint tanning edges of back cover. $40

IMG_3450.jpeg

IMG_3451.jpeg

IMG_3452.jpeg

IMG_4007.jpeg

Planet of the Apes 2. VF- 7.5 COW. Light dust shadow back cover. Staple stacking indentations to the right of the logo on the front cover. Odd fading -- a printing defect? -- on the splash page. $15

IMG_3454.jpeg

IMG_3456.jpeg

IMG_4006.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin