• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anecdotes of forged OA?

43 posts in this topic

anyway i use to go to comic shows put on by steve guippi i think that how his name is spelled. in arlington va. at a place called crystal city. the underground.

I remember his store there. When I was in college in DC I used to take the Metro out there occasionally because there was no proper comic book store in Georgetown until 1985 or so.

Geppi's Original Art collection is pretty doggone nice.

I thought there was a link to it from DiamondGalleries.com but there doesn't appear to be.

confused-smiley-013.gif

"Mr. Geppi is the owner of Diamond Comic Distributors, the largest distributor of English-language comics, toys, collectibles and related merchandise. Geppi also owns the Diamond International Galleries, the only facility of its kind that displays a collection of some of the finest examples of comic books, toys, original comic art and memorabilia presented in a museum quality setting. His Gemstone Publishing is licensed to publish Disney's standard character comic books. Gemstone also publishes the "bible" of comic book guides, The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide. "

Also, he just bought out Hakes and is part owner of the Baltimore Orioles.

What specifically does Mr. Geppi own that is so amazing ? What is his best piece ?

What specifically does Mr. Geppi own that is so amazing ? What is his best piece ?

27_laughing.gif I think they call that hubris.

OK, you could start here and then make further investigations.