• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] 20% off everything!! Recap Page 5 - Bronze Books for Sale!
5 5

97 posts in this topic

Star Wars 1 - 1977 first print

VF+  nice looking book, finger print smudge right middle edge, small bend URC bc, there is a light NCB crease LRC, pages are nice ow/w (note: that is distributor ink spray bottom middle edge and top edge bc)

:news: Sold!

Star Wars 1.jpg

Star Wars 1 - bc.jpg

AB060549-4AAF-4A9B-A6BA-8F07DC9CDB14.jpeg

Edited by Djohnson321
Sold

1 hour ago, Djohnson321 said:

Star Wars 1 - 1977 first print

VF+  nice looking book, finger print smudge right middle edge, small bend URC bc, there is a light NCB crease LRC, pages are nice ow/w (note: that is distributor ink spray bottom middle edge and top edge bc)

$300

Star Wars 1.jpg

Star Wars 1 - bc.jpg

AB060549-4AAF-4A9B-A6BA-8F07DC9CDB14.jpeg

Take 

I don't know if I've seen a remaindered copy get above a 0.5. Is it possible to reach a 1.0 with that much cover missing? 

(Side note...it's still the cheapest GSXM1 anyone will find short of one that is completely coverless...book isn't slowing down)

Edited by pmWolf

8 hours ago, pmWolf said:

I don't know if I've seen a remaindered copy get above a 0.5. Is it possible to reach a 1.0 with that much cover missing? 

(Side note...it's still the cheapest GSXM1 anyone will find short of one that is completely coverless...book isn't slowing down)

It’s a good question Pete, I was a bit stumped on trying to grade this book. Checked my Over Street Guide to Grading Comics and it says Fair books can have up to 1/4 of fc or entire bc missing, and/or large chunks. Then checked the Poor description and it says covers can be detached with large chunks missing but also seemed to highlight brittle pages, which this book doesn’t have. Maybe it’s somewhere in between those two grades?  If it doesn’t sell, I’m going to post it on the “Hey buddy can you spare a grade” thread and see what boardies think.

Edited by Djohnson321