• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
3 3

82 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, crassus said:

Fantastic Four Annual 10 8.0 (cracked out CGC 8.5 W label incl;  bright & glossy; light to mod spine & edge wear, main defect is multiple sm light ws top edge bc visible interior bc but not interior pages & which imo was what determined CGC grade; cb scuffing btm spine fc; crnr blunting; light cb & ncb spine stress; light stacking transfer fc & bc; light to mod foxing/tanning interior fc; taken altogether dropping to 8.0 as a safer foundation) $15.00

FF-Annual-10-fc.jpg

FF-Annual-10-bc.jpg

Mine as well throw this on my pile  :takeit:

15 hours ago, crassus said:

It's the French way here in Quebec....it's even longer during the work week, although during the week we're limited to just one bottle of wine at lunch....if you want more you have to wait until lunch is over and the "5 to 7" starts.... after that of course the work day is over and it's time to get home for aperitif...I tell you my friend, there's just not enough hours in the day to get everything done...

It sounds so much better when we say Cinq a Sept

1 hour ago, crassus said:

....ok but just don't call the language police on me....

Pictures strict women Stock Photos - Page 1 : Masterfile

Sad but true that we actually have to worry about that O.o  - people actually have jobs here measuring the size of French and English words on signs to make sure French is larger. That must be why cinq a sept is so popular here!

So I'm going to post a few more shortly....

And since its going to be slow and plodding, here' one of my favourite Simpson's clips to put you in the proper frame of mind...

Thor 155 7.0 (Bright with strong colours and superior gloss; presents as hg but 3 significant defects that determined grade, cb crse ur crnr fc, longer horizontal cb crse right btm edge fc & cb crses bl crnr bc; otherwise light to mod cb spine & edge wear; d-stamp ur bc; light tanning interior cvrs; light foxing & ink transfer bc) $25.00 SOLD

Thor-155-fc.jpg

Thor-155-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Ghost Rider 18 30c Variant 9.0 (Bright & glossy; presents higher but predictably with black background the cb spine stress stands out and curbs the enthusiasm; otherwise light spine & edge wear; slight crnr blunting, incl v sm fold/crse bl crnr bc; light ink transfer bc) $85.00 SOLD

GR-18-30cVar-fc.jpg

GR-18-30cVar-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

2 minutes ago, crassus said:

Ghost Rider 18 30c Variant 9.0 (Bright & glossy; presents higher but predictably with black background the cb spine stress stands out and curbs the enthusiasm; otherwise light spine & edge wear; slight crnr blunting, incl v sm fold/crse bl crnr bc; light ink transfer bc) $85.00

GR-18-30cVar-fc.jpg

GR-18-30cVar-bc.jpg

cb spine stress stands out and curbs the enthusiasm

Interesting. I never heard this terminology in describing a comic book!!!

MV5BOGVkMTM4NzktYmUxMC00M2E3LWJhNzEtMmE0OWJlMmMyYTQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

10 minutes ago, crassus said:

Ghost Rider 18 30c Variant 9.0 (Bright & glossy; presents higher but predictably with black background the cb spine stress stands out and curbs the enthusiasm; otherwise light spine & edge wear; slight crnr blunting, incl v sm fold/crse bl crnr bc; light ink transfer bc) $85.00

GR-18-30cVar-fc.jpg

GR-18-30cVar-bc.jpg

It's pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Heart Throbs 90 4.0 (Bright with still good gloss; mainly cb wear consistent with grade, mod to heavy spine wear; soft crnrs with cb crses; partial cb full sub crse/fold fc; mod foxing interior cvrs & bc; mod ink transfer bc; that said all firmly attached, staples clean, PQ is on the creamier side of CR-OW) $10.00 SOLD

HeartThrobs-90-fc.jpg

HeartThrobs-90-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Girls' Love Stories 52 2.5 (Bright with still good gloss; all attached; mainly wear consistent with a low grade copy, extensive cb & ncb surface wear, sm edge tears, crnr crses and crnr chips out, chips out btm edge fc and bc, larger stain left edge bc; note: the odd defect is light shallow scoring marks in guy's hair; otherwise staples clean, no odours, PQ is on the creamier side of CR-OW, had this badly overpriced at VCC as I overestimated scarcity, now more in line with reality I hope at) $35.00 SOLD

GirlsL-52-fc.jpg

GirlsL-52-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Falling in Love 74 5.0 (Bright & glossy; slight spine roll; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly r-edge fc; cb crses ur & br crnrs fc; grease-pencil arrival date center fc above her pink hat; main issue is mod to heavy foxing, less so fc and more so interior cvrs & bc; mod ink transfer bc; PQ is on the creamier side of CR-OW) $10.00 SOLD

FL-74-fc.jpg

FL-74-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Romantic Adventures 89 3.0 (Bright with still good gloss; all attached but slight discolouration btm staple, no migration; does present better, but an accumulation of cb wear; mod to heavy spine & edge wear incl sm 1/4" spine split btm; extensive cb surface wear center btm fc & bc; crnr blunting w sm crses all 4 crnrs, localized soiling/stains br crnr bc near spine & center left edge bc; light to mod foxing interior cvrs; mod ink transfer bc; PQ is on the creamier side of CR-OW) $15.00 SOLD

Rom-Adv-89-fc.jpg

Rom-Adv-89-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus