• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars 40 with price sticker and clear tape over it
4 4

9 posts in this topic

Having trouble trying to grade this book. It has a white price sticker on front cover and a piece of clear tape over it, there are no tears under the tape.  Really don’t know how this affects the grade.  Appreciate any feedback!  P.S., it has two printer creases on right edge, one going thru small space ship and the other thru front leg of AT Walker. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Djohnson321

Without the sticker I'm thinking 8.0.

A small amount of tape is generally accepted in the FN range. I'd say this amounts to a little more than a "small amount." Maybe it drops it into the VG range. I'll say 5.0.

Thanks very much for posting. This is a head-scratcher. I'll be interested in what others will say.

By the way, I'm sure there's someone on these boards that could tell you how to remove the sticker and tape with minimum damage. 🤞

3 hours ago, grendelbo said:

Without the sticker I'm thinking 8.0.

A small amount of tape is generally accepted in the FN range. I'd say this amounts to a little more than a "small amount." Maybe it drops it into the VG range. I'll say 5.0.

Thanks very much for posting. This is a head-scratcher. I'll be interested in what others will say.

By the way, I'm sure there's someone on these boards that could tell you how to remove the sticker and tape with minimum damage. 🤞

Yes, it was a bit of mystery as to how much to drop the grade given there wasn’t any tear under the clear tape. And the last time I tried to remove a sticker from a comic it didn’t turn out well, so I’m not touching it any time soon.lol