• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Usagi and Dark Horse straight from my bought-off-the-stands collection to you!
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Sorry for the delays, busy day.  

Here are the terms:

PaymentI prefer Paypal or a means which is non-burdensome for me.  We can discuss the options.  If you pay by check, it must clear before shipment. 

Shipping: I am open to USPS and UPS.  A signature will be required.  You pay actual shipping costs.  I will ballpark that $25, but will let you know if it is more or less than that.  I normally do not ship internationally.

ReturnsNo returns on CGC books

BUYERS MUST BE IN GOOD STANDING.

First  :takeit: in thread wins and trumps all PM negotiations.   The obvious implication is that I will listen to offers, but the fact I'm listening to you gives you no priority.

Prices to follow in a bit.

Usagi Yojimbo 1 (7/87) - from my personal collection bought off the stand, maybe read once, graded out 9.8 white.  

Comparables:  Lowest 9.8 white listed on ebay is $3,200.  Last sale on eBay was $2,000 (plus $20.40 in shipping) on June 16, 2021.  Before that, a copy sold for $1,999 on June 12, 2021.  

My price for my friends on the boards:  $1,900 (plus shipping see terms).

Dark Horse Presents 10 (9/87) - from my personal collection bought off the stand, maybe read once, graded out 9.8 white.  

Comparables:  No copies for sale on eBay.  Last sale was $750 on March 24, 2021.

My price for my friends on the boards:  $650 (plus shipping see terms).

Edited by sfcityduck

Predator 1 (6/89) - from my personal collection bought off the stand, maybe read once, graded out 9.8 white.  

Comparables:  Lowest price copies on ebay are $1,050.  Last ebay sales were $900 BIN on June 12, 2021, and $987 at auction on June 13, 2021.

My price for my friends on the boards:  $885 (plus shipping see terms).

33 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Nice books! 

Every once in a great while I look at the cooper boards and realize that comics that I bought off the stands and which I thought had zero value are now worth something.  But, perhaps I am trying to sell them in the wrong venue.

20 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Every once in a great while I look at the cooper boards and realize that comics that I bought off the stands and which I thought had zero value are now worth something.  But, perhaps I am trying to sell them in the wrong venue.

If you're not in a hurry to get the money for them, you can always send them to an auction house like ComicLink, MyComicShop or even Heritage.  Books seem to do pretty good there. 

I'm a GA guy now, these were purchased at the tail end of my new comic buying in the 70s and 80s.  So it will definitely be a learning curve to figure out how to sell this stuff.  Usually, the GA stuff I sell ends up selling itself.