• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's MADAME XANADU by Bad Robot (TBD)
2 2

15 posts in this topic

J.J. Abrams is adding another DC Comics-inspired TV series to his slate.

The prolific producer is teaming with Angela Robinson to adapt DC’s Madame X as a scripted drama series for HBO Max.

Sources say the project, which is in the early development stages and based on the DC characters, will be written and exec produced by Robinson (Professor Marston & the Wonder Women, The L Word).

Sources say Abrams and his Bad Robot partner/wife Katie McGrath personally recruited Robinson to Warner Bros. TV with an eight-figure overall deal so she could write and supervise Madame X. Abrams and McGrath — whose Bad Robot is also based at WarnerMedia with a $250 million overall deal — after the former got to know Robinson through Time’s Up. Robinson is on the global leadership board at the organization, while McGrath serves as the co-secretary on its governing board of directors.

Madame_Xanadu.jpg.e9963b064d842cde85adb63756eecf3f.jpg

Zatanna?

Doorway to nightmare #1 has done a disappearing trick from ebay!

Another spec book frenzy.

Hawkman #4 should get yet another bump....

The door for a return of John Constantine opens hopefully - plus a real person JLA Dark at last...

Edited by Beige

2 hours ago, Beige said:

Zatanna?

Doorway to nightmare #1 has done a disappearing trick from ebay!

Another spec book frenzy.

Pretty sure Mme Xanadu is totally different from Zatanna in the way they cast spells. Hard to beat those choice Xanada cover by Kaluta just made for slabbing.

I bought a 9.8 from Heritage a couple years ago but when it arrived the book had a bunch of rippling on the cover that could not be seen in scans, so I returned it. I ended up settling for an 8.5 for 10% of tge price, but I wish that 9.8 had worked out!

There could possibly be a Phantom Stranger bump in theory - not sure for what issue though - as he plays a key role in her Vertigo series and is involved in her origin, which was told in the first couple arcs of that series.

7 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

I bought a 9.8 from Heritage a couple years ago but when it arrived the book had a bunch of rippling on the cover that could not be seen in scans, so I returned it. I ended up settling for an 8.5 for 10% of tge price, but I wish that 9.8 had worked out!

There could possibly be a Phantom Stranger bump in theory - not sure for what issue though - as he plays a key role in her Vertigo series and is involved in her origin, which was told in the first couple arcs of that series.

I would go for his first Silver or Bronze appearance. The fifties version is great, but those rarely turn up..

21 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I would go for his first Silver or Bronze appearance. The fifties version is great, but those rarely turn up..

:grin:  I have both the 1952 and 1969 run, but always looking to upgrade.  I also have multiple copies of Showcase 80.  lol