• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I restore this Batman #17? Opinions wanted!

24 posts in this topic

Traded some emails with Matt & had a good chat. He's able to do the spine sealing/structural conservation for $150, which fits nicely with my budget. The book is on its way to him, & should be back in a month or so. Thanks again, troops!

Traded some emails with Matt & had a good chat. He's able to do the spine sealing/structural conservation for $150, which fits nicely with my budget. The book is on its way to him, & should be back in a month or so. Thanks again, troops!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Be sure to post before and after scans when you get it back! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, Andy!

Since the work Matt will be doing is interior/conservation work (spine seal, reattachment & likely a few tiny tear seals) as opposed to a full-blown restoration, I'm not entirely sure that the book will look visibly different in an "after" scan? Nevertheless, I'll be happy to post whatever I find out. Can't wait to get it back!

I probably wouldn't do it on that particular book, mainly because it's not so expensive to get a VG/VG+ that isn't splitting and there are other issues with that book.

OTOH, if Matt will seal the split for you cheap enough, something to consider. CT on the spine wouldn't be "conservation", nor would pressing out that potentially color-touched crease.

batman 3 with those problems... probably a different story.