• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGMASM50 restored
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Hi folks.  I decided to prettify this 50.  On here it had scored a 3.0 to 3.5 in its raw state so I'd like to know what you think it now looks visually.  Bear in mind ofc that when tilted to the light you can see where the creases were.  Im going to repair the bottom right corner too.

How do you all feel about restoration on a comic in low grade..?  Once it gets down to 3.5 I'm all for it - I can't see the point of very tatty looking comics. 

Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 17.17.03.jpg

2 hours ago, mike devon said:

Hi folks.  I decided to prettify this 50.  On here it had scored a 3.0 to 3.5 in its raw state so I'd like to know what you think it now looks visually.  Bear in mind ofc that when tilted to the light you can see where the creases were.  Im going to repair the bottom right corner too.

How do you all feel about restoration on a comic in low grade..?  Once it gets down to 3.5 I'm all for it - I can't see the point of very tatty looking comics. 

Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 17.17.03.jpg

I would never try to restore any comic, keep it original.....if you want to tape it, color it, fold it, bend it, eat it, it's your comic.....

7 minutes ago, Bob Troub said:

I would never try to restore any comic, keep it original.....if you want to tape it, color it, fold it, bend it, eat it, it's your comic.....

Sure.  For me once they visually degrade past a certain point I can't see the point of owning them - unless its an AF15 or similar.
This is an experiment for me - I've bought it specifically to retouch and sell.  I put an ASM14 on ebay last month - nice nick but ad page missing.  Gone in an hour.

On 6/26/2021 at 3:06 PM, Bob Troub said:

Same! Don't ruin the book by doing resto 

Also can't grade with those pics  

Edited by Deadpoolica

19 hours ago, Deadpoolica said:

Same! Don't ruin the book by doing resto 

Also can't grade with those pics  

Agree on both counts...umm, verdicts.  Uh, points.  Yeah, that's it!!! :applause: