• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Sandman #1 - small tear/hole in cover?
3 3

7 posts in this topic

I have this decent copy of Sandman #1 which has a peculiar tear/hole on both the front and back covers. Hopefully this is clearly visible in the photos I've attached. It also has some bends in the spine from not standing upright in a box. I'm curious to know how you all would grade it considering these significant defects. Thank you!

IMG_20210629_145031708.jpg

IMG_20210629_145045480.jpg

IMG_20210629_145118502.jpg

IMG_20210629_145134150.jpg

IMG_20210629_145159271.jpg

55 minutes ago, grendelbo said:

Do these cover tears/punctures affect interior pages?

Oddly enough, no. The tear just happens to be in the same spot on both front and back, but there are no interior tears in that spot.

Odd damage. At the end of the day a tear is a tear. The book also has a dark blemish front cover spine edge near the cat.

7.5 maybe 8.0.

Thanks for sharing. One of my favorite comicbooks.

19 minutes ago, grendelbo said:

Odd damage. At the end of the day a tear is a tear. The book also has a dark blemish front cover spine edge near the cat.

7.5 maybe 8.0.

It's odd for sure. I see that blemish as well, and I'll have to take a closer look to see what it actually is. Thanks for your opinion, I really appreciate it!

12 hours ago, grendelbo said:

7.5 maybe 8.0.

yessir