• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Apple TV's FOUNDATION show from Isaac Asimov (TBD)
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2021 at 8:07 AM, Arkham said:

This is my most anticipated TV show of the year. So, basically, I am perfectly primed for disappointment. 

That said, I have been blown away by the quality of the Apple Originals that I’ve seen so far. 

They don’t put out a lot but there’s definitely quality over quantity. The only reason I have AppleTV+ is because its part of a bundle plan I have. One thing I’m really looking forward to is Masters of the Air. That’s the third in the series that started with Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

On 9/4/2021 at 12:20 PM, piper said:

I’ve been enjoying free Apple TV. This will come to an end soon…

If you have T-Mobile, they are giving out one year of AppleTV+ for free under a Magenta plan. And of course if you buy a new iPhone or iPad you will get another free year. But I would just wait until you have something binge worthy and pay the $4.99 for one month and then cancel. 

On 9/4/2021 at 12:29 PM, Scam Likely said:

If you have T-Mobile, they are giving out one year of AppleTV+ for free under a Magenta plan. And of course if you buy a new iPhone or iPad you will get another free year. But I would just wait until you have something binge worthy and pay the $4.99 for one month and then cancel. 

As an aside, the family has been enjoying Ted Lasso!

Yeah - I agree. Ted Lasso is one of my all time favourite shows. 

We binged Morning Show last week. Having watched the trailer, I didn’t think it was for me - but it ended up being very powerful and incredibly well done. 

This is the first I’ve heard of Masters of the Air - I loved BoB - so I will definitely check this out. 

We got Apple TV+ as part of the Apple One subscription. We ended up saving money over using Spotify + other services & I’ve been really pleasantly surprised by Apple TV. I’m catching up on some DCAU at the moment. But then I’m going to try out SEE.

I've tried three times. I still haven't been able to make it through the first episode. 

I can appreciate how groundbreaking the original books were, but now it's 80 years later, and Asimov's influence has seeped into so much other sci-fi. Beyond the amazing visuals, I'm struggling to find elements that feel engaging or fresh. 

I started reading the first novel as well, and I can appreciate it from a historical perspective, as it laid the ... um ... foundation for many other works to follow. But since I'm already deeply familiar with many of its successors, it's hard for me to get excited about the novel on its own terms.