• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much AUD???

9 posts in this topic

How do you normally figure out the cost of international products and services?  It’s pretty similar.

On 7/2/2021 at 11:33 PM, Star Wars nerd said:

How much Australian dollars is it to get a grading and a plastic casing. I really would like to know as I have quite a few comics but would like to preserve the nice looking ones.

On 7/2/2021 at 11:33 PM, Star Wars nerd said:

How much Australian dollars is it to get a grading and a plastic casing. I really would like to know as I have quite a few comics but would like to preserve the nice looking ones.

Shipping cost to and from Australia would make it impractical to slab most books. There are much better and far cheaper ways to preserve your books. A mylar and a fullback will do the same job for about $1US. 

Edited by shadroch

4 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Shipping cost to and from Australia would make it impractical to slab most books. There are much better and far cheaper ways to preserve your books. A mylar and a fullback will do the same job for about $1US. 

This. And if you want to go one step further grab some microchaber paper as well and put a piece in the fornt and back.  Slabs will not protect any better than a mylar and acid free board.

I live in Australia and regularly send comics to CGC for Grading and Encapsulation. Cost depends on the current Exchange rate AUD vs USD.

Cost to send a parcel (10 comics) from Australia (tracked) to the CGC is about $40 AUD.

If you are a member of CGC, you can get an annual rebate of $150 USD from your membership m (depends on Membership level) which will bring the cost per comic down.

Generally I find the cost per comic to be around $40 - $70 AUD, depending on the exchange rate, this includes FedEx return shipping to Australia.

Dikko

2 hours ago, Dikko said:

I live in Australia and regularly send comics to CGC for Grading and Encapsulation. Cost depends on the current Exchange rate AUD vs USD.

Cost to send a parcel (10 comics) from Australia (tracked) to the CGC is about $40 AUD.

If you are a member of CGC, you can get an annual rebate of $150 USD from your membership m (depends on Membership level) which will bring the cost per comic down.

Generally I find the cost per comic to be around $40 - $70 AUD, depending on the exchange rate, this includes FedEx return shipping to Australia.

Dikko

Whats the return rate? I tried shipping some books there and it was over $60 for a couple of raw books.  

It should also be noted that if your book is super high value and you want insurance, the cost may increase dramatically.  Same with faster shipping, cost may go up