• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bobs fett backing card real or fake

4 posts in this topic

You should consider asking this somewhere where they authenticate toys.  There are companies you can pay to perform the service.  If it’s real, it should be worth something.

also you claim you never bought anything fake, how did you know this was real when you bought it? 

cgc doesn’t authenticate these

good luck

Edited by revat

Grading and authentication for action figures and related material is done by Action Figure Authority (AFA) and Collector Archive Services (CAS), neither of which is affiliated with the CGC/CCG family of grading companies. In other words, this isn't the right forum for your request. If you want the final word on the authenticity of this item, you'd need to submit it to one of them. For Star Wars collectibles, there's also an active collectors' forum called Rebel Scum that will help to confirm whether or not this is genuine. You may need to provide additional photos, and card authentication is somewhat difficult without the piece physically in hand.

With all that said, I don't believe this is genuine. I suspect this is a modern "reproduction" (that is, fake) card back. Repros of just about any vintage Star Wars card with collector interest (such as this purported Boba Fett Kenner SW 21B) are very, very common. There are a couple of features of your card that make me suspect it is a reproduction, especially the general appearance of the card's catalog number at top left. However, I am very much not an authority on Star Wars card authentication. You should reach out to those who are.