• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's REBEL MOON PART ONE: A CHILD OF FIRE direct by Zack Snyder (2023)
4 4

259 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2024 at 2:04 PM, The Brain said:

OH, HELL YES!!!!

:whee:

This is what they should have originally released for max impact

On 7/22/2024 at 4:42 PM, The Brain said:

Am I wrong, but that first trailer, there looked to be a lot of new content? 

They noted that when the Director's Cuts were announced is there are scenes Snyder filmed differently depending on which cut it fit into.

I have a suspicion I will enjoy these a lot more.  Now they may not be "better" in the conventional sense.  The basic silly story is going to be the same.  But I am assuming he's fleshing out a lot of stuff that got short shrift in the original versions (like that Robot) and much of the character backstories.  

Plus, sex.  

Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2024 at 9:24 AM, Axelrod said:

I have a suspicion I will enjoy these a lot more.  Now they may not be "better" in the conventional sense.  The basic silly story is going to be the same.  But I am assuming he's fleshing out a lot of stuff that got short shrift in the original versions (like that Robot) and much of the character backstories.  

Plus, sex.  

Zack Snyder wanted to create an R-Rated 'Star Wars' franchise and Netflix leadership wanted PG-13 content for a wider audience. They came to an arrangement where both were created.

Now at least we can see how much of a difference the riskier content makes for the story.

Edited by Bosco685

Watched the first 40 minutes before work. THIS is what Netflix should have gone with to differentiate the story from Star Wars - a hardcore Sci-Fi thriller full of the roughest scenes that Disney would very much shy away from. Though with Star Wars you had a feeling this was happening.

Looking forward to finishing this later today.