• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sorry - CLOSED
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Here are some brief rules.

Buyers are free to negotiate through PM. But the sale is NOT complete until the buyer has posted an "I'll take it" in the thread or I have posted SOLD in the thread. No people are the Probation List or in the Hall of Shame are allowed to bid. No returns on CGC books unless damaged during shipping. Check, money order, Venmo, or Zelle only please. I am NO longer accepting PayPal.

Edited by Math Teacher

Incredible Hulk #181 - CGC 8.5 - OW Pages - Excellent centering. Last sale according to GPA was $9,781 - board price $9,600. If you pay my original asking price, shipping will be free; otherwise, shipping will be $15. Book will be shipped using Priority Mail with Signature Required (that is to satisfy my insurance company).

Here are the grader notes, certification number 2074971001:
light crease bottom of back cover
light crease left top of back cover
wear all corners front cover breaks color

The first two pictures were taken outside in sunlight; the last two pictures were taken in our basement. I am not trying to hide or disguise anything. The way our house is situated, there is very little indirect sunlight in our house during this time of year.

I will be honest with you - I am selling this book to fund the purchase of a Showcase #4. I am willing to negotiate, but don't expect anything like a 10% discount. I need every penny I can get to pay for the SC #4.

Please help a fellow collector purchase the book that started the Silver Age.

Edited by Math Teacher

Giant-Size X-Men #1 CGC 7.5 - OW/W pages. Last sale according to GPA was $5,280 - board price $5,150. If you pay my original asking price, shipping will be free; otherwise, shipping will be $15. Book will be shipped using Priority Mail with Signature Required (that is to satisfy my insurance company).

Here are the grader notes, certification number 2061447002:
heavy distribution ink top of front cover
small chip out bottom of spine
small crease left top of back cover
small stain left top of front cover

The first two pictures were taken outside in sunlight; the last two pictures were taken in our basement. I am not trying to hide or disguise anything. The way our house is situated, there is very little indirect sunlight in our house during this time of year.

I will be honest with you - I am selling this book to fund the purchase of a Showcase #4. I am willing to negotiate, but don't expect anything like a 10% discount. I need every penny I can get to pay for the SC #4.

Please help a fellow collector purchase the book that started the Silver Age.

Edited by Math Teacher

An IH #181 CGC 8.5 sold on Ebay tonight for $9,100 + $100 shipping.

I am now offering my IH #181 for $8,700 with free shipping.

I am now offering my GSXM #1 for $5,025 with free shipping, which is approximately 5% below the last sale on GPAnalysis.

Edited by Math Teacher

Here is my final BEST offer. If I don't receive any offers by Sunday evening, then I am going to have to move these books to another venue.

IH #181 for $8,500, which is 6.5% lower than the last sale price on Ebay.

GSXM #1 for $4,950, which is 6.3% lower than the last sale price on Ebay.

Shipping for each book will be $10, which will be substantially less than my cost.

Edited by Math Teacher