• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All sold, Sensation #91, #94, #97, all CGC's, affordable grades and scarce. Wonder Woman #25 CLOSED! Thank you
3 3

31 posts in this topic

Sold to ThothAmon

OK, Last book for this thread. I went through 2 closets and I'm out of ideas on slabs  I am willing to part with, lol. I will be posting some raw books one of these days;)

Wonder Woman #25, 3.5. 

This is a different series and although not quite as scarce as Sensation, it's not exactly all over the place;)

The scans show the defects better, but I'll post cell pictures in the next post that show the colors better. 

Bin is $265.00

705564727_wonderwoman25cgc350001.thumb.jpg.bd041473342a8dbb3bebabeda1e79de0.jpg27128736_wonderwoman25cgc350002.thumb.jpg.96feddb677644dc8bc7c384a294af779.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

4 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Marston is from the same town I grew up in yet I never became aware of this until I was well into adulthood and stumbled upon this info. You'd think the creator of Wonder Woman would get at least a passing mention in a history or English class in that town (shrug)

He was too ahead of his times, lol. There are some great books about him. The lie detector was pretty important. But what I found interesting was his wife and girlfriend. The girlfriend was a student. Both of them were brilliant women, his wife could not get into Harvard, because of her gender, but she kept up with him.

6 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

He was too ahead of his times, lol. There are some great books about him. The lie detector was pretty important. But what I found interesting was his wife and girlfriend. The girlfriend was a student. Both of them were brilliant women, his wife could not get into Harvard, because of her gender, but she kept up with him.

Yep... To be honest there are *many* aspects of his life that probably preclude small-town America from saying 'boy howdy, the kids sure need to know more about this!'

2 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Marston is from the same town I grew up in yet I never became aware of this until I was well into adulthood and stumbled upon this info. You'd think the creator of Wonder Woman would get at least a passing mention in a history or English class in that town (shrug)

Maybe his "eccentric" side didn't sit well with the Board of Education!!

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Jill Lepore's biography was fantastic. It really tied the pieces together on his connection to the woman's suffrage movement. He really occupies quite an interesting place in US history; and you won't read about it in any high school textbook!

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

OK, Last book for this thread. I went through 2 closets and I'm out of ideas on slabs  I am willing to part with, lol. I will be posting some raw books one of these days;)

Wonder Woman #25, 3.5. 

This is a different series and although not quite as scarce as Sensation, it's not exactly all over the place;)

The scans show the defects better, but I'll post cell pictures in the next post that show the colors better. 

Bin is $265.00

705564727_wonderwoman25cgc350001.thumb.jpg.bd041473342a8dbb3bebabeda1e79de0.jpg27128736_wonderwoman25cgc350002.thumb.jpg.96feddb677644dc8bc7c384a294af779.jpg

Take please. 

1 hour ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Jill Lepore's biography was fantastic. It really tied the pieces together on his connection to the woman's suffrage movement. He really occupies quite an interesting place in US history; and you won't read about it in any high school textbook!

I never realized how old he was when he started Wonder Woman until I read her book. The suffrage movement was quite a few years before. I'm not sure there are many other comic book creators with such a varied and interesting history.

His wife and his GF lived together after his death. They also didn't let the kids know which of them were their actual birth mother while they were growing up. It really was one blended family. Not something I'd like to be part of, but I guess they thought it all out.

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I never realized how old he was when he started Wonder Woman until I read her book. The suffrage movement was quite a few years before. I'm not sure there are many other comic book creators with such a varied and interesting history.

His wife and his GF lived together after his death. They also didn't let the kids know which of them were their actual birth mother while they were growing up. It really was one blended family. Not something I'd like to be part of, but I guess they thought it all out.

Have you watched the Alienest on HBO? While not the same it addresses some norm breaking during the latter part of the 1800's in NYC. Fascinating series.

My Grandmother who was the daughter of Irish immigrants and born in 1898 in NYC talked of some of the barriers she faced in her career as a nurse. She always thought she might have been a doctor but those opportunities simply were not available to her. On the other hand the city of NY taught her to be a nurse and provided room and board during her training. She got to meet some luminaries and famous folks like Rudolph Valentino when he was dying in the hospital and Typhoid Mary whom she said was very bitter about her diagnosis and did not believe it (boy sounds familiar doesn't it!) She also lived through the Spanish Flu and said people would say hello to her in the morning and would have been dead by the evening!!