• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM EQOATQFDP - Grade is in
3 3

10 posts in this topic

Because, really, I needed to be able to string more letters together in the subject line.

Anyway, this is EverQuest Online Adventures: The Quest for Darkpaw, an obscure promo comic that I've been hunting for awhile, and finally was able to locate via another forum member. The quality of the team that worked on this is surprising for what was essentially just a one-shot advertising giveaway. Lan Medina's art is probably best known from Fables, and Scott Ciencin was a writer for a huge number of novels set in various franchises (Forgotten Realms, Dinotopia, WildC.A.T.S, Jurassic Park, and so forth) plus a handful of comic miniseries for DC, Marvel, Crossgen, and IDW.

This copy is not without faults. There are a couple of slight creases along the spine, mostly near the top staple. The most significant is visible in the FC UL closeup. The others are effectively impossible to see against the marbled background. There's a little bit of corner blunting/softness, especially at FC LR, plus a corner-tip crease at BC LL. The most significant defect is color-breaking impact creasing along the back cover spine.

I'm inclined to think this book won't get much out of a press, either. The hairline creases near the top staple are non-color-breaking, but a press can't correct that impact defect to the back cover or the corner tip crease, and I think those are what's going to define the grade here. But I'm happy to hear others' thoughts.

97435577_FrontCover.thumb.jpg.bc45a093a6a49731fecbeb914587bab6.jpg

FC UL.jpg

FC UR.jpg

FC LL.jpg

FC LR.jpg

Back Cover.jpg

BC UL.jpg

BC UR.jpg

BC LL.jpg

BC LR.jpg

BC Impact Damage.jpg

Edited by Qalyar