• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place to attempt to sell graded comic book?

8 posts in this topic

Hello all! New member here. I just sent in my unopened copy of ACCLAIM’S MAXIMUM CARNAGE #1 and I'm just wondering where would be my best bet in selling it? I apologize if this has been asked before, but like I said I'm a new member, I searched the forums and did not see a similar question. It is very possible I just missed it in which case I apologize and ask if you could point me in the direction of that forum. Thanks!

Screenshot_20210713-144753_Gallery.jpg

Understandably, you’re new.  Your thread title talks about a graded comic.

the one you have pictured is not graded, at least not by Cgc, and would generally not be considered a “graded” comic by most collectors.  people would consider it “raw”.

the question of best is subjective, but assuming you want to move it quickly for a reasonably high price (but probably not the Max)...

Take a bunch of pictures, make an eBay listing, and just do an auction.

No research, the market determines the price, even if you don’t get Max price you’re probably not getting ripped off.  Although there are fees.

Of course if you invest a bit of money and research and get it graded, you get more money but it takes more time and money up front.

then the best venue might then depend on the grade. 

But if you’re willing to do a little research....

1.  Go to the Please Grade my Comic subforum (hey buddy can you spare a grade?) here on the boards, post pictures and let strangers grade your comic.  Take the average of those grades. 

2.  Go to eBay and look up SOLD LISTINGS for similar comics with similar grades.  

3.  Go to the sales forum here on the  boards.  READ THE RULES.  Look at a few sales threads to get the general format. Create a sales thread for your comic.  Again make sure you follow the rules.

4.  For pricing, I’d say start at 5-10% less than the eBay SOLD PRICES (as there’s no fees).  Make a deal as needed if needed.

5.  When you mail out your comic, make sure it is secure, watch a YouTube video if necessary.

There’s other options, these are two of the simplest.  But it really really depends on what “best” means to you.  Fastest? most convenient? Highest gross return? Highest return on investment? Least research? Least risky? 

In top grade, that is a very expensive book. Is there a reason why you don't want it graded?   You have a potential thousand dollar plus book there so take your time and research it. 

1 hour ago, revat said:

Understandably, you’re new.  Your thread title talks about a graded comic.

the one you have pictured is not graded, at least not by Cgc, and would generally not be considered a “graded” comic by most collectors.  people would consider it “raw”.

6 minutes ago, shadroch said:

In top grade, that is a very expensive book. Is there a reason why you don't want it graded?   You have a potential thousand dollar plus book there so take your time and research it. 

The OP specifically said they sent it in to get graded. So all they have to show for now is a pic of before they sent it out.

Anyways, for the OP, I sell through Mycomicshop. They accept to consign any book that has been slabbed. And modern books like this have a big audience there, they seem to sell for higher than Comiclink and e-bay.

Edited by William-James88

Yes I want it graded, in the post I do mention that it is currently in route to be graded. (I have done quite a bit of research on it being graded.) I just have not gotten it back yet. I do most of my selling on ebay, but nothing that a real collector might want, I'm mostly looking for a place that's a little more specific than ebay.

I appreciate the replies!

Edited by ACK ACK ACK
Grammar

23 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

The OP specifically said they sent it in to get graded. So all they have to show for now is a pic of before they sent it out.

Anyways, for the OP, I sell through Mycomicshop. They accept to consign any book that has been slabbed. And modern books like this have a big audience there, they seem to sell for higher than Comiclink and e-bay.

Ah yah you’re right

mycomicShop is worth considering

or just sell it here on the boards, less fees.

34 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Mycomicshop fits that bill really nicely. And selling through them is even more effortless than e-bay. And no, I'm not on their payroll, just relaying my personal results.

Thank you for the info very much! I will look into that site. 

That's the reason I wanted to ask this community, people's personal experience.