• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pickycollector summer FS thread: mostly high grade SA/BA books (CLOSED)
4 4

231 posts in this topic

Since I did receive a few PM offers and inquiries, I would say that I could do about 10% off on most of the unsold books that are not "flash listed" yet although I could do a bit better on some and less or none on others, so just ask me via PM if there is anything that could interest you.

7/27/2021

Dear Mr. Pickycollector,

I will please take:

X-Men #124

X-Men #125

X-Men #126

X-Men #127

X-Men #128

Please also send me a key to your house and the hours you will not be there so as I might grab some other of your collection for my collection.

Thank You and Kind Regards.

I remain,

Noman

Recap of what’s left:

Page 1:

Thrilling Adventure Stories #1 NM- : $50, Thrilling Adventure Stories #2 VF/NM: $60 (Neal Adams cover) or take both for $90 NOW $80

Doc Savage #1 VF/NM: $55, Doc Savage #2 VF/NM: $20, Doc Savage #3 VF/NM: $20 (Buscema art) or take all three for $70 NOW $60

Atom #4 F/VF: $70 NOW $60

Lot of 3 Aquaman books: Aquaman #3 VF/NM, Aquaman #4 de-slabbed CGC VF+ 8.5 (I still have the label and it will be included with the book. I am including a scan of the book when it was in its CGC holder. Book was not pressed), Aquaman #5 VF+ to VF/NM. Take all three for $850

Sheena #8 VF+ : $375 NOW $350 Very gorgeous Fiction House copy. Book looks solid NM- but has a small tear/hole on the upper left of spine along the word "Sheena". Inside pages are white.

Rampaging Hulk #6 VF/NM to NM- : $40 NOW $35 Hulk battles Sub-Mariner

Incredible Hulk #201 VF+: $10 Hulk vs Conan prototype. Book is structurally NM- but has a small, almost unnoticeable non-color stain on front cover visible on angle

Incredible Hulk #156 NM- : $45 Jarella appearance, I am almost certain that this book has been pressed

Page 2:

Conan #37 NM- (app.): $15 Neal Adams cover and art. Book looks like a solid NM- but there is a tiny dot of color touch-up on one stress line near spine. No bleed through, just ball point and almost unnoticeable but it's there.

Conan #24 VF/NM: $400 1st full appearance Red Sonja

Conan #1 F/VF: $620 Book looks much better from the front cover but the back cover has a five inches crease that slightly breaks colors.

Thor #222 VF/NM to NM- : $25 Thor vs Ares

Thor #205 VF/VF+ : $25 Mephisto cover and story and tough issue to find in high grade

Ms. Marvel #1 NM- : $200

Les Vengeurs #1 VF: $500 Black and White French Canadian reprint of Avengers #4. This issue is almost impossible to find in decent shape due to poor quality paper, inside pages and covers are made of material similar to newspaper. This copy could be one of the best available for sale.

Avengers #58 VF+ : $250 Origin Vision

Master of Kung-Fu #116 VF+, Master of Kung-Fu #117 VF/NM, Master of Kung-Fu #118 NM-  The last Fu-Manchu story in a 3-part storyline (he dies in #118). Great read! take all three for $20  SOLD

Marvel Two-in-One #52 VF/NM: $25 NOW $20 Moon Knight app. and 1st Crossfire

Page 3:

Fantastic Four #250 VF+ : $7 Byrne art and Spider-Man x-over. Looks much better but crease on bc that does not break colors

Fantastic Four #149 NM- : $50

Fantastic Four #232 NM-/NM: $25 NOW $20 Byrne story and art begins

Fantastic Four #156 NM- : $50 Silver Surfer appearance

Fantastic Four #60 VF- (Q) : $15 NOW $10  Silver Surfer and Dr. Doom appearances. Looks VF- but has four coupons cut, no impact on story

Fantastic Four #64 former (de-slabbed) CGC 8.5: $150 Label will be included with the book. Book was not pressed. Impact ding on lower left corner that barely break colors is the main defect. 1st app. Kree Sentry

Page 4:

Kid Colt Outlaw #107 F/VF: $550 Classic Kirby science-fiction cover and story and extremely tough to find in any decent shape. Would keep this one for me if not for the arrival date on front cover. Light creasing on lower left corner that does not break colors (very pressable if you are into that..)

Miracleman #1 VF/NM: $20 NOW $15

What If Vol. 2 #16 VF/NM: $20 Light impact ding on lower right corner that does not break colors keeps this one from being NM+ 9.6 Epic battle, guess who wins!

2001 A Space Odyssey #8 NM- : $150 Origin and 1st app. Machine Man

Creatures on the Loose #10 VF/NM: $110 1st full app. King Kull , Grease arrival date on front cover

Iron Man #70 VF: $18 NOW $15 Mandarin "killed" by Yellow Claw, Looks NM- but has a faint stain on upper edge of back cover that goes through the whole book

Iron Man #56 VF/NM: $65 Starlin art

Creatures on the Loose #15 NM- : $50

Page 5:

Creatures on the Loose #14 NM- : $75 Very tough black picture frame to find in high grade

Where Monsters Dwell #12 VF+ to VF/NM: $35

Limited Collector's Edition #C-36 NM- : $100 Treasury Editions are always extremely difficult to find in high grade due to their size. This one is a real beauty.

Limited Collector's Edition #C-51 (Batman by Neal Adams): $30 It is structurally VF/NM featuring Batman by Neal Adams (reprints Batman #232,242,243,244) but there is a major defect inside possibly due to the production process. Three of the inside pages have major tear cutting in half the pages. Nothing is missing but the tears are there. I am including pictures of one page to show you the problem.

Take both DC Limited Collector's Editions above for $110

Daredevil #90 VF/NM: $35

Daredevil #69 NM- : $75 Tough one to find in high grade due to the black cover. Black Panther appearance

Daredevil #11 VF- : $90

All-Star Western #11 NM- : $325 2nd app. and 1st cover app. Jonah Hex

Page 6:

Tales to Astonish #94 VF+ : $50 Hulk vs High Evolutionary. Look better but has light impact ding on upper left corner that does not break colors

Tales to Astonish #54 F/VF : $65 NOW $60 1st app. El Toro (who?), Book looks 8.5/9.0 structurally but has rust near staples and some stains on the back cover which hammer the grade

Champions #1-17 full run: $650 Issues #11-15,17 feature art by John Byrne. My personal run of this series. Grades are as follow: #1: 9.4, #2: 9.4, #3: 9.6, #4: 9.0, #5: 9.2, #6: 9.2, #7: 9.2, #8: 9.0, #9: 9.2, #10: 9.2, #11: 9.2, #12: 9.4,  #13: 9.4, #14: 9.2, #15: 9.4, #16: 9.2, #17: 9.4

Marvel Premiere #50 VF/NM: $75 1st Alice Cooper

Amazing Adventures #18 VF/VF+ : $70 Origin and 1st appearance Killraven. Neal Adams art. Book looks much better but impact creases on upper right corner and lower left corners that do not break colors and that could be easily been pressed out if you are into that.. Marvel did not announce a Killraven movie or Netflix series...yet but if that happens, it would be a great show!

Tarzan #155 VF: $20 Featuring awesome art by Russ Manning and re-telling the origin of Tarzan. Structurally NM- but has tanning line along right edge of front cover and along left edge of back cover.

Tarzan #70 F/VF: $20 Russ Manning art on "Brothers of the Spear"

Korak Son of Tarzan #14 F/VF: $10, Korak Son of Tarzan #15 VF: $20, Korak Son of Tarzan #20 VF+ to VF/NM: $30,  Korak Son of Tarzan #37 VF: $10 or take all four books for $45 NOW $40

Marvel Special Edition #1 NM-, Marvel Special Edition #2 NM-, Marvel Special Edition #3 NM-, Marvel Special Edition Vol. 2 #2 NM, Take all four Star Wars Treasuries for $700

IronJaw #1-4 + Barbarians #1 full run: $150 for all five books, #1: NM- Neal Adams cover, #2: NM+  Neal Adams cover, #3: NM-, #4: NM-, Barbarians #1: NM-

Brave and the Bold #54 CGC 8.0: $1,600 Origin and 1st app. Teen Titans. Book was not pressed.

Inhumans #6 NM- : $15 Pencil arrival date on front cover

Superman #249 NM- : $100 Neal Adams art; Origin and 1st app. Terra-Man

Superman #25 VG/F to Fine- : $525 Manufactured with only one staple. Beautiful colors. Very attractive copy for its technical grade with OW/W pages.

Page 7:

Kamandi #1 NM- : $150, Kamandi #2 NM- : $50, or take both for $175 ON HOLD

Atom #1 French Edition F/VF (R?): $35 Almost impossible to find in any kind of shape, this one presents very well but there seems to be two faint dots of black color touch-up on spine

Captain America #110 CGC 9.2: $1,100 To the best of my knowledge, this book was not pressed. Tight grading on this one. Priced high but not in a hurry to sell this one.

Sub-Mariner #22 NM- : $250

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #7 VF/NM: $90 NOW $80

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #5 VF- : $100 Looks better but has small ding/tear that goes through the whole book at middle bottom edge, probably was at bottom or top of the pile when distributed in stores.

Amazing Spider-Man #174 VF/NM: $35 NOW $30 Punisher app.

Amazing Spider-Man #160 VF+ to VF/NM: $25 NOW $20 Light impact ding on lower left corner that does not break colors

Amazing Spider-Man #154 NM- : $30 NOW $25

Amazing Spider-Man #138 VF+ to VF/NM: $30 NOW $25

Amazing Spider-Man #132 VF+ : $45 Looks much better but small tear on back cover

Amazing Spider-Man #131 NM-/NM: $85 Killer copy

Amazing Spider-Man #107 VF+ to VF/NM: $70 Looks NM- from the fc but fat finger mark on bc

Page 8:

Amazing Spider-Man #88 VF/NM: $110 NOW $100

Amazing Spider-Man #94 CGC NM 9.4: $450 NOW $410 From the Westport collection. I don't know if this book was pressed or not.

Daredevil #30 NM-/NM: $400 Killer copy of a tough black cover and my personal copy for the last 20 years.

Amazing Adventures #11-17 full run: $1,575 My personal run of this series. Grades are as follow: #11: 9.2/9.4 with Mark Jewellers insert,#12: 9.0/9.2, #13: 8.5, #14: 9.2/9.4, #15: 9.6, #16: 9.6, #17: 9.2

Tales of Suspense #49 VF+ : $1,550 Book was formerly a very early CGC 8.5 blue which I did crack to keep for my collection 20 years ago. I recently found a similar copy and after months of thinking finally decided to sell this one. Unfortunately, I was not keeping labels during those early years. I agree with the grade though; it looks better from the front cover but there is something on back cover near the lower staple. It looks like a faint stain at first glance but it doesn't go through the cover and after looking at it carefully it rather looks like some kind of abrasion.

Fantastic Four #50 VF/VF+ : $2,800 Classic Silver Surfer cover. This book along #49 is on fire and seems to increase in value significantly every month. I still should hold on it for a while but anyway here it is, almost hoping it does not sell..

Lucky Luke tome #1 (1969 French edition) F/VF to VF- : $15 (48 pgs and no ads. Not an easy one to find in decent shape. Here is an attractive copy at a cheap price for this classic).

Four Color #596 (aka Turok #1) CGC VF 8.0: $2,500 Origin and 1st app. Turok Son of Stone. I don't know if this book was pressed or not. Not many copies of this issue are available for sale. This one looks gorgeous for its technical grade. Not in a hurry at all to sell this one.

Page 11:

Machine Man #7 NM- : $100 1st app. Power Broker. Could become NM+ with a press if you are into that kind of thing..

Avengers #123 VF/NM: $35 Origin Mantis

Avengers #146 VF+ to VF/NM: $25 Tough issue to find in high grade. This one was my personal copy until I recently was able to upgrade to a better copy.

Mystery in Space #72 Fine: $30 Store stamp on front cover

Edited by decepticon
Sold edit

On 8/15/2021 at 4:28 PM, decepticon said:

Master of Kung-Fu #116 VF+, Master of Kung-Fu #117 VF/NM, Master of Kung-Fu #118 NM-  The last Fu-Manchu story in a 3-part storyline (he dies in #118). Great read! take all three for $20

:takeit:

... on to the stack .... 

GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu