• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curious on turn around times...

6 posts in this topic

To start with, I am by no means complaining at all. I would just like to know why the long wait time in turn around times. I understand it's subject to change but I'm more interested in if it's due to covid, loss of man power, more comics being sent in, etc. 

Any, thanks CGC. Still looking forward to my submissions. 

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  The longer turnaround times are mostly a result of a very large increase in submissions over the past year.  We are receiving thousands of submissions per week and as a result, it is taking much longer than it has in the past to open and log in those submissions.  We are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while ensuring the quality of our services.  We apologize for any delays or inconvenience.

Thank you!

Wouldn't it be prudent to delay some of these signature signings in order to catch up a little? It appears as if the signings will "jump the line" over books that have been there for months. Or maybe pause submissions altogether in order to get caught up and get TAT down to 60 days or less?

On 7/20/2021 at 1:29 PM, Metroplex Comics said:

Wouldn't it be prudent to delay some of these signature signings in order to catch up a little? It appears as if the signings will "jump the line" over books that have been there for months. Or maybe pause submissions altogether in order to get caught up and get TAT down to 60 days or less?

that'll never happen  

On 7/22/2021 at 10:04 AM, Kevin76 said:

that'll never happen  

Agreed, and I personally think it's going to get worse. Blackstone is going to want to get their money back and quickly so I think that CGC will turn into the grade all company toys, sneakers you name it what ever you want graded they'll do it.  The days of quick turnarounds are over unless we pay a premium that is.