• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incorrect Service Categorization and Pressing

2 posts in this topic

Hello. I submitted a comic for pressing and grading. I sent it as walkthough comic pressing and grading. Unfortunately, for some reason, my submission was entered into your system as a "Magazine Walkthrough" and not comic. In turn, my submission was incorrectly cataloged into your system. I sent TMNT #1 6/84 and it has been entered as a 1992 magazine reprint. I have contacted customer service already and was told that my comic had been sent for pressing but a note would be made to the graders. My question is the outcome of sending a comic as a magazine for pressing. I would guess they are two different protocols but have no knowledge on the subject. Can you provide any information?

Thank you

Edited by ekahn
typo

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  The pressing process is the same for magazines and comics.  We will list a comics as a "magazine" if the book is larger than the standard comic size and it has to go into our magazine sized holder.  Comic holders can fit up to: 

• 10-1/2” tall
  • 7-5/8” wide
  • 1/4” thick

If your book was larger than this size then it would be classified as a "magazine" in our system.  If this was an error and the book isn't a magazine, then it will be corrected in our system and adjusted accordingly once it is reviewed.

Thanks!