• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 53 (1974 series) FF19 Tie in
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I can understand why Doc Strange 48 is hotting up, with its Brother Voodoo connection, but 53 is a superb issue for the art and its connection with the classic FF19. 

So how come it languishes unrecognised as a mini key? I'm glad it does in one way as it makes it affordable. Buying back all the comics I once had becomes really hard once they get boosted to Hot Key status for something only recently concocted in the new movies. :cry:

Doctor Strange 53.jpg

Edited by LowGradeBronze
Added Image

On 7/17/2021 at 7:20 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

I can understand why Doc Strange 48 is hotting up, with its Brother Voodoo connection, but 53 is a superb issue for the art and its connection with the classic FF19. 

So how come it languishes unrecognised as a mini key? I'm glad it does in one way as it makes it affordable. Buying back all the comics I once had becomes really hard once they get boosted to Hot Key status for something only recently concocted in the new movies. :cry:

Doctor Strange 53.jpg

I totally agree that Dr Strange story is a lot of fun and spackle's in the plot holes of FF19. Yep excellent Rogers/Austin cover and art.

To actual comics fans, readers and collectors its a great issue. As for the flippers and speculators that cause a hot book-de-jour to spike its Rama Tut not Kang (although to fans pretty much the same thing), it's not a 1st issue and it's not a first appearance.

With it's Excellent art and engaging story line, I highly recommend Doctor Strange 1st series #48-53 to any fan of the Comic Book medium!

Edited by MAR1979