• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sorted, thanks
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Thoughts peeps - cbc at top left is a break, no danger of it falling off.

Thanks Chaps and Ladies

Edited by Beige

It seems nicer in hand - I think its just slightly faded,not foxing.

My scanner does the whites not favours. There is an advert fitting that shape on the other side back page. It doesn't show as faded in normal light.

I had it at about a 8.5 / 9.0

I bought it as a 9.0 / 9.2 but am 50 / 50 wether to send it back to seller.

Edited by Beige
spelling

Thanks all - opened paypal case - it's on its way back to seller.

On 7/19/2021 at 11:21 PM, Beige said:

Thanks all - opened paypal case - it's on its way back to seller.

So not what was advertised, eh?

On 7/20/2021 at 3:25 PM, grendelbo said:

So not what was advertised, eh?

Yeah - advertised as a 9.2 (along with another book as 9.8) - pics weren't great (but price was ok if grades worked out).

The 9.8 was an 7.0 at best - huge CBCs across the cover. Not visible in pics, as the book was angled just enough to hide them.

I always use paypal, in case of things like this, as this wasn't an ebay purchase.

He would not refund despite being shown the damage - and all of a sudden his grading improved, quoting prices for 7.5 books, and lower grades on the other, and how it was still a good deal.

Not much feedback when I found him on ebay  - except on Funkos with unverified sigs. Which were odd, as the sigs were from people who I wouldn't expect to see in Australia. No COAs on any though.

Too many red flags, refusing to refund until he got books back (which was reasonable I guess, but I paid before getting books as private sale from Gumtree, so reciprication would have been nice) - then started quoting prices like an expert on different grades.

Couldn't be bothered to argue about a few $$$ here and there and things were starting to feel a bit sketchy so went the safe route.

Opened return, seller accepted, books went back with tracking.

I always pay with paypal and CC if things might go south. I initially gave him the benefit of the doubt, but the Funko's with unverified sigs, then him suddenly being an expert in grading / pricing - I think he knew what he was doing, and hoping to catch a newb.

The dangers of Gumtree / Craigslist I guess - and of course no inspections in person as 70% of Australia is in Police / Army enforced lockdown.

Still, all sorted via paypal, so no harm done.