• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 50 new new I've got the book now :)
3 3

37 posts in this topic

Slight stain/damage where price label was removed.  Damage is old it didn't happen when the label was lifted.  I think this was prob resold at a second hand bookshop and may have had a couple of labels on and off in the past.  Great cover gloss.  Very clean and quite good whiteness on pages.  I'd presumed it was a cents copy but overall I'm really happy with it.

The stain on the price looks worse on the pics.

asm501.jpg

asm502.jpg

asm503.jpg

asm504.jpg

asm505.jpg

asm506.jpg

Edited by mike devon

On 7/20/2021 at 3:26 PM, grendelbo said:

In the last post I thought 4.5/5.0. I'm more at 5.0 now but Restored with the previously reported color touch.

Thanks for the update.

Cheers.  No colour touch here this is a different copy.  No resto at all.  What would your unrestored grade be..?  (This is a pence copy whereas the other one was cents.)

Edited by mike devon

On 7/20/2021 at 8:28 AM, mike devon said:

Cheers.  No colour touch here this is a different copy.  No resto at all.  What would your unrestored grade be..?

Oh, I wondered about the tanning I saw on the last one. 5.0/5.5.

On 7/20/2021 at 3:33 PM, grendelbo said:

Oh, I wondered about the tanning I saw on the last one. 5.0/5.5.

Cheers again.  I had it a bit higher at a 6 or so.  In the hand its got 'niceness' (?) that the photos can't quite pick up - thats bearing in mind the flaws.

On 7/20/2021 at 3:52 PM, Point Five said:

I'll say 5.0. Nice one!  (thumbsu

Cheers for the input.  Interesting.  After seeing it in the hand I'd put it a bit above average - also I may be a bit biased :)

Edited by mike devon

On 7/20/2021 at 8:56 AM, mike devon said:

I may be a bit biased

That's one of the great reasons for this forum. I sometimes have a hard time assessing comicbooks in my collection because of my emotional attachment to them.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:02 PM, grendelbo said:

That's one of the great reasons for this forum. I sometimes have a hard time assessing comicbooks in my collection because of my emotional attachment to them.

Absolutely.  I think though sometimes photos can reverse flatter..?

On 7/20/2021 at 10:56 AM, mike devon said:

Cheers for the input.  Interesting.  After seeing it in the hand I'd put it a bit above average - also I may be a bit biased :)

Well, 4.0 is an 'average' book, so 5.0 is... better than that! It's basically 'scattered small-to-moderate flaws, but the eye appeal is still there'.

I mean, we enjoy sifting through the details on this forum, but at some point, it's better to stop worrying so much about the number and just enjoy the book.  (thumbsu

On 7/20/2021 at 9:11 AM, mike devon said:

I think though sometimes photos can reverse flatter..?

Absolutely.

It's the reverse of good Mylar which will make just about any book look grades higher.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:15 PM, Point Five said:

Well, 4.0 is an 'average' book, so 5.0 is... better than that! It's basically 'scattered small-to-moderate flaws, but the eye appeal is still there'.

I mean, we enjoy sifting through the details on this forum, but at some point, it's better to stop worrying so much about the number and just enjoy the book.  (thumbsu

Well it matters to me with this one as I'll be selling it and I don't want to whack either myself or the potential buyer.