• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay's managing payments now

25 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2021 at 5:55 PM, Motor City Rob said:

Are you sure? I've been using Managed Payments for a year now, and funds are always released the next business day after tracking number has been uploaded.

i sold one 5 figure book after converting to the managed system, and ebays immediate email to me stated the funds could be held up to 30 days. that was all i needed to cancel the transaction and swear never to sell there again. the person in bangalore who i spoke with told me that i'd have my money within a few days of book delivery, yet no one could explain why their official email says otherwise. i believe you, but i'm not taking the risk that they might hold my money as long as they say they might. too many other, better options for selling valuable books these days. 

On 7/20/2021 at 12:41 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

As a Canadian, I opted to receive funds in USD to my USD checking account as I do most of my buying in USD and I am too lazy to want to bother with conversion.

I had to resend my banking information several times to them and even provide my drivers license. Crazy.

I am on vacation right now so I have not sold a lot since I was under the new system, but two of my transactions came in no problem whereas the first one under the new system took awhile to show up and I had to log a ticket. Shortly after the ticket, payment was received.

I still prefer the "old system" but the one good thing is those USD funds are going straight to my USD account with no 'conversion' fees. I will maintain my presence on eBay, but I may start exploring other selling options more seriously as well due to various concerns and issues with eBay in general that we all know about.

Everybody is doing that. FB sellers have been hyping up Mercari and it just raised its fees to match near Ebay. Now FB sellers are silent on 
Mercari lol

I am currently shut down on ebay as I went on vacation and I am going to start my annual Summers Sales Thread in the Mixed Thread
this week. (Had to get the plug in. )

Before then I was paying around 13% using a store at the base model. Sometimes higher and once inawhile a little lower, but 13% seemed
to be my average. Sellers not knowing how to use ebay are paying around 16-18% if they are telling the truth. 

Whatnot is a new option, but I dont know what there fees are as I only buy there and IG is an option I will explore later this year. 
That being said I made an absolute killing this year on Ebay. I just dont see any other model yet that can provide me the volume I can sell there
but the year is still early.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:55 AM, Motor City Rob said:
On 7/20/2021 at 2:13 PM, Heronext said:

...because eBay holds the money in escrow until the item is delivered.

Are you sure? I've been using Managed Payments for a year now, and funds are always released the next business day after tracking number has been uploaded

I sell on eBayUK which may be different; Payment here is dependant on buyer paying, tracking and/or delivery are irrelevant. I have opted for weekly payments and I always get paid on Tuesday after buyer has paid  irrespective of delivery. This week I sold a comic on Monday and got paid 8am Tuesday - before I had posted.

I send some low value items without tracking which has no affect on when I get paid. I would prefer the old PayPal method but Managed payments hasn’t been an issue for me (although I don’t  sell as a business so cash flow isn’t an issue).

Edited by Garystar