• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marginalia - inside the comic art collections - exposition in Monaco
1 1

21 posts in this topic

List of artists on show

Neal Adams – Alex Barbier – Gilles Barbier – Carl Barks – Jordi Bernet – Enki Bilal – Jean Boullet – Martin

Branner – Alberto Breccia – Claire Bretécher – John Buscema – Calvo – Milton Caniff – Yves Chaland –

André Chéret – Gene Colan – Guido Crepax – Robert Crumb – Paul Cuvelier – Phil Davis – Rudolph Dirks

– Walt Disney – Philippe Druillet – Will Eisner – Lee Falk – Emil Ferris – Max Fleischer – Jean-Claude

Floc’h – Jean-Claude Forest – Hal Foster – André Franquin – Frank Frazetta –Jochen Gerner – Dave

Gibbons – Paul Gillon – Jean Giraud – José Gonzalez – Gotlib – Floyd Gottfredson – Juanjo Guarnido –

Ralph Heimdahl – Hergé – Hermann – George Herriman – Burne Hogarth – Edgar P. Jacobs – Jijé – Jeff

Catherine Jones – André Juillard – Jack Kirby – Ralf König – Liberatore – Régis Loisel – Milo Manara –

Mandryka – Francis Masse – George McManus – Winsor McCay – Jean-Claude Mézières – Frank Miller

– Moebius – Tomás Nadal – Kevin O’Neill – Osamu Tezuka – Richard Felton Outcault – Peyo – Georges

Pichard – Joseph Pinchon – Gérald Poussin – George Pratt – Hugo Pratt – Benoît Prévot – Benjamin

Rabier – Alex Raymond – Julio Ribera – Alain Saint-Ogan – José Luis Salinas – François Schuiten –

Charles Monroe Schulz – E.C. Segar – Sempé – Denis Sire – Pat Sullivan – Jean Tabary – Gengorõ

Tagame – Jacques Tardi – Maurice Tillieux – Tom of Finland – Roland Topor – Albert Uderzo – Myron

Waldman

Some of the heroes on show

Barbarella – Batman – Bécassine – Benoît Brisefer – Betty Boop – Bianca – Black Bolt – Black Panther –

Blacksad – Blake & Mortimer – Blueberry – Bugs Bunny – Captain and the Kids – Charlie Brown – The

Thing – Cisko Kid – – Corto Maltese – The Masked Cucumber (Concombre masqué) – Daredevil – Donald

Duck – Felix the Cat – Flash Gordon – Fritz the Cat – Gaston Lagaffe – Iznogoud – Jerry Springer – Johnny

Comet – Jungle Jim – Krazy Kat – Little Nemo – Mandrake – Marsupilami – Mickey Mouse – Phantom –

Scrooge McDuck – Popeye – Prince Valiant – The Fantastic Four – Rahan – RanXerox – RIP Kirby – The

Smurfs – Snoopy – Spirit – Spirou – Steve Canyon – Tanguy et Laverdure – Tarzan – Terry and the Pirates

– Tintin – Vampirella – Watchmen – Winnie Winkle – X9 – Zig et Puce

On 7/21/2021 at 11:25 AM, fenip said:

btw these are images from the press kit.  Some very good pieces can't be shared because of copyright issues...

These images are amazing and i'm going to look at them for a while. I'm unclear on what issues you mean, however. Why can't some pieces be shared?

On 7/21/2021 at 9:50 PM, glendgold said:

These images are amazing and i'm going to look at them for a while. I'm unclear on what issues you mean, however. Why can't some pieces be shared?

Copyright was the answer I did get from the press officer (it was forbidden to take pictures at th exhibition, but finally I got the approval, but not for sharing online).
btw I would recommend to watch the video too... 

On 7/21/2021 at 4:02 PM, fenip said:

from the press officer

The same person that holds exactly no copyrights for any of this stuff.

But you're in the EU, we're in USA, so maybe you don't have a Fair Use Exemption type thing to lean on?

On 7/21/2021 at 11:28 PM, NicoV said:

Thanks for the pictures and the link, this video is really interesting. And these pages by Druillet are incredible!! (worship)

They are! The Gir/Moebius section is also very impressive and the Peyo, Uderzo, Hergé and Franquin pages… Not to mention the Frank Miller art… 

The video showcases the McCay pages quite well. Those pages alone are reason enough to visit the exhibit.