• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN: Teen Titans 2
3 3

24 posts in this topic

There needs to be a warning on books like this so I'm prepared for the OJ cameo on the back cover.

I'm at 9.4 but with a press I could also see it as a 9.8 candidate.

AllAdoredGermanshepherd-max-1mb.gif.71857bb6d2d3ad01a5195959b2e76a35.gif

Thanks for posting.

On 7/24/2021 at 9:46 AM, speople said:

looks more than waviness imo, look at the back cover in the middle of the outer edge, there's at least a 2-3cm section that seems incredibly rough as if something artificial has been done there

Yeah, I see what you're talking about.  I got it back out and "in hand" you can tell that it's not trimmed.  It's slightly imperfect, but definitely an original trim from the bindery process.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:36 AM, gadzukes said:

There's SO much wrong with this...... and yet I love that the owner had the balls to submit it.  And I actually kind of like it.

Oh I love it...and hate it in some ways...but mostly love it. I am intrigued about its history really. Who had it, how did they find it? And also verifying it...like how? Finally, I am intrigued who bought it? Why? Are they a rich investor or a huge comic fan who knows this may be as close as they will get to owning literally a piece of this issue. 

More intriguing questions than annoyance really about such an item. 

On 3/24/2022 at 10:43 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Oh I love it...and hate it in some ways...but mostly love it. I am intrigued about its history really. Who had it, how did they find it? And also verifying it...like how? Finally, I am intrigued who bought it? Why? Are they a rich investor or a huge comic fan who knows this may be as close as they will get to owning literally a piece of this issue. 

More intriguing questions than annoyance really about such an item. 

Some of your questions are answered in the other thread about this.  Did you see the Homemade pasted together comic book that this piece originally came from?  It's classic "kid being creative" stuff and probably happened in the late 30s/early 40s

On 3/24/2022 at 10:49 AM, gadzukes said:

Some of your questions are answered in the other thread about this.  Did you see the Homemade pasted together comic book that this piece originally came from?  It's classic "kid being creative" stuff and probably happened in the late 30s/early 40s

link?