• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will these grade 9.8 with this mark? (What is this mark from???)
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Hello! I need some help with a common mark on comics I have seen several times over the past 6 months. There appears to be an imprint (looks like a nail from a thumb) on the top left corner on the back cover of several comics I have. I first noticed this when all 4 copies of Magic #1 Santa Fung variants had them and now 13 out of 15 copies of SIKTC #1 8th print has them and even my BRZRKR #1 2nd print foil has it. Has anyone else seen these, would they get 9.8s, or do they need to be pressed or worked on? I was able to use a tack iron and ball on a few but they still had a small mark that I could never get out 100%. And does anyone know the name of these if they have one or know what they are from?

IMG_9855.JPG

IMG_9857.JPG

IMG_9856.JPG

IMG_9854.JPG

IMG_9853.JPG

We can't come close to accurately grading this without full pics of at least the front and back cover.

However, this appears to be a manufacturing defect and nothing to sweat in terms of grading deduction.

Thanks.