• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REDUCED - QUACK 1-6 (Complete Run) Dave Stevens, Dave Sim, Sergio Aragones, Frank Brunner 1976+ Bonus

7 posts in this topic

Just one lot for sale tonight. Pay Pal is fine and shipping will be $6 in the USA. Anywhere else and we need to discuss. Returns accepted timely.

I forgot I had these and I sold all My Dave Stevens books years ago. Very early Stevens work here. All VF or Better.

Asking $135 Or Best Offer for the set.

Here is some info I found about this run:

Highlights: DAVE STEVENS PENCILS & INKS FUNNY ANIMAL 'KOSMO KAT'!

*** Contains Issue #'s 1-6 ***The COMPLETE Series Run!!!!!! 'Mike Friedrich’s Star*Reach Productions did much to pave the way for the independent boom of the early 1980s. Giving creators copyright and creative freedom, the aim was to try to reach a more mature audience but retain some of the sense of fun that brought them into the comics business in the first place. Quack, nominally a funny-animal anthology that features ducks, never bothered too much about keeping to the rules. Three strips stand out from the series. Michael T. Gilbert’s “The Wraith” began life as a Spirit parody/homage and quickly improved as Gilbert’s art skills developed. “Newton The Wonder Rabbit” from #2 is a madcap space adventure written by Sergio Aragonés and drawn by Steve Leialoha, and “The Beavers” is an early, very rough Dave Sim strip commenting on Canadian stereotypes and taking potshots at family life. There are many interesting contributions from the likes of Frank Brunner, Mark Evanier, Scott Shaw and Dave Stevens.' - ComicBase Atlas Archive Edition

Edited by faster friends