• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Jim Lee sketch opportunity
1 1

64 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2021 at 2:46 PM, Dr. Dank said:

You should check out Den Beauvais 

He left the comic game decades ago and the man churns out high quality art like it's nothing. I imagine he wants for nothing. Love his art and it's actually relatively inexpensive compared to what comic artists want for a 11x8

Comic art is expensive relative to what most fine art artists command. Nostalgia is a strong pull on this side of the canvas and its driving prices beyond comprehension. Sprinkle in the fact that you can have relatively easy access to the creators and this adds file to the fire. 
Thanks for the suggestion.

On 7/28/2021 at 8:33 AM, thesink said:

Remember, once you contact Moy you get to wait 2 years and if you want it CGC'ed that'll be another 6 months. 

I was half jokin, but I dont care about a wait, remember, I use cgc.  NUFF SAID

On 7/28/2021 at 2:35 PM, Dr. Dank said:

They've also killed the SS market as well IMO

Artists who weren't charging for sigs all the sudden want 30 bucks. I've stopped collecting SS because of it. 

I stick to actors/actresses for SS these days now

I liked to get multi sigs on books like heroes for hope with multiple artists, but that's become impossible now with them all charging 20 amd 30 for them.  Several years ago Rubinstein wasn't chargin jack, then he started with like 10.  I got him to sign a few books, then he said somethin like 20, so I handed him 20, then he said no a piece.  I was like whaaat!  He said yea it's on the sign.  I didnt even see it.  He knew I got sigs b4 so he said not to worry this time but next time read the sign.  And I believe it was Ron Marz.  I got Daryl banks and I think Marz was there at Baltimore also, but after banks signed my GL 48 49 and 50 I went to marz who said how does 20 each sound, I said how bout 15, so he let me do 15 each.  He was just feelin me out, I shoulda said 10.  

Being realistic everything is an investment.  Who in the world would ever want to pay way above and beyond what something is worth just for sentimental reasons unless ur rich and not a henn. I mean, if Im down on my luck and need rent money when I'm 75, it would b nice to know I could sell a few  books to relieve some financial stress or leaving something for ur children that's only worth only half of what u paid. I want everything I buy, but I want what I buy to b worth something otherwise I feel like a fool. We all acquire stuff and then show it off.  I can see in now.  " wow that's bad, how much u pay for it", "oh, i paid twice as much as it's worth",  man, ill never hear the end of it

Edited by juniorMC

On 7/28/2021 at 2:43 PM, Funnybooks said:

It’s been evolving for years. I feel bad for all the true collectors that just want a sig/sketch for their collection. Those days are long gone. I can also appreciate the creators that need to supplement their daytime income by charging for their skills/time when they are not working on a book. Tough to manage on both sides.

Long gone, but those days sure didnt last long.  A few years at best