• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestion Box for Board Upgrades....
2 2

204 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2021 at 9:56 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Or better yet, a “are you sure you want to post this tripe?” drop down....:idea:

I would never get anything posted!!!  :makepoint:

On 7/25/2021 at 12:00 AM, Dr. Dank said:

How many memes are you allowed each day?

giphy-downsized-large-2.gif.283151a86ef6302e3d0f4cc6886bf6e7.gif

It varies, but depends on if they pertain to the conversation at hand and what content they contain.  Also I use more GIF than meme. 

As long as they do not break board rules and conform to the conversation they are ok. 

On 7/24/2021 at 10:22 PM, eddly said:

Every poster who starts a new thread has a 10% chance of being banned for two weeks.

Nah.  One of the things I like least about the boards is the over population of infinite threads. Booooring.

I think more short lived threads on more varied topics makes for a more interesting forum.  A 5 year old thread with a thousand posts about owning some single specific book?  No spank you.

On 7/24/2021 at 11:04 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

giphy-downsized-large-2.gif.283151a86ef6302e3d0f4cc6886bf6e7.gif

It varies, but depends on if they pertain to the conversation at hand and what content they contain.  Also I use more GIF than meme. 

As long as they do not break board rules and conform to the conversation they are ok. 

So, it's pretty much based on what someone who hits the button as to what they conform to or not.

I dunno, seems weird to me

On 7/25/2021 at 12:06 AM, Dr. Dank said:

So, it's pretty much based on what someone who hits the button as to what they conform to or not.

I dunno, seems weird to me

Well most of CGC'S business is based on opinion.. so ...(shrug)

On 7/24/2021 at 11:15 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Limiting members isn't the way to go, having moderation ease up and let board members deal with each other is the viable option. 

Yup.  And remove the notify moderator button to make it official. 

How about being able to follow a thread from my phone (actually clicking somewhere to allow notifications)? Unless I'm completely missing something, and have looked several times, I have to wait until I'm on my computer before I can follow and receive notifications. (shrug)

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 7/24/2021 at 11:09 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Well most of CGC'S business is based on opinion.. so ...(shrug)

I'm all for anyone and everyone posting whatever they feel like.

I am not for members who feel they have a right to stifle others while feeling vindicated in posting whatever the hell they want.

That is the problem here, not moderation 

On 7/25/2021 at 12:09 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 7/24/2021 at 10:15 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Limiting members isn't the way to go, having moderation ease up and let board members deal with each other is the viable option. 

Yup.  And remove the notify moderator button to make it official. 

Have official PURGE days on the CGC boards. No rules for specific days. 

1710961604_source-2(1).gif.e322baab256602a034afc41ffd50c7a1.gif

On 7/24/2021 at 11:11 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

How about being able to follow a thread from my phone (actually clicking somewhere to allow notifications)? Unless I'm completely missing something, and have looked several times, I have to wait until I'm on my computer before I can follow and receive notifications. (shrug)

Actually, when someone quote or likes you and you get a notice in the upper right, once and awhile it will ask you if you want push notifications. Enable it and it should work 

On 7/25/2021 at 12:11 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Rotate your phone to landscape.  Next to title is the green gear click it.(thumbsu

20210725_001700.thumb.jpg.31de7223335a8c810e4b194cc652db16.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Brought to you by Krypton Kola and Baby Ruth

On 7/24/2021 at 10:14 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Actually, when someone quote or likes you and you get a notice in the upper right, once and awhile it will ask you if you want push notifications. Enable it and it should work 

Ahhh....so it's not push notifications that will actually alert my phone? Because I don't want that, just want to see when I go to the site that I have a notification where the bell icon is. If that is what will happen, then thank you I'll try that!

(thumbsu