• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's JUNGLE CRUISE starring Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt (2021)

32 posts in this topic

Including the three of us there was maybe 10 people in a 80 person theater on Saturday night (7PM showtime).  Opening weekend for a flick sure use to look differently.

On 8/2/2021 at 11:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

Interesting article that relates to the Black Widow release schedule situation

Jungle Cruise Wins Dwayne Johnson Another Box Office Crown, But There's Cause For Concern

Delta Variant. If and when covid actually gets under control (with anti vaxxers, it's questionable)  , I'll go back out.  

Just saw the movie and enjoyed it. Watched it with the family. Didn’t like some of the I’m a woman so I’m going to do it better undertone. Holly weird keeps pushing that agenda. 

On 8/2/2021 at 1:04 PM, Wolverinex said:

I enjoyed it!  Bought it on  disney plus

Actually you rented it on Disney+.  If you ever decide to not renew your subscription, its all gone. Now if you buy it on iTunes or Amazon in two weeks for $19.99 you do in fact own it. I do want to see this but I’ll wait just a bit longer.

Samba TV has updated the running U.S. viewership on Disney+ Premier’s Dwayne Johnson-Emily Blunt adventure film Jungle Cruise and it’s 1.5M U.S. households through the pic’s first ten-days.

Multiply that by the pic’s in-home purchase price of $29.99 for Disney+ subscribers and Jungle Cruise has taken in $44.985M stateside in those homes clocked by Samba TV.

Sadly for Disney, just like Black Widow, there have been ZERO Disney+ purchases in the rest of the world. :insane:

Edited by paperheart

On 8/9/2021 at 9:44 PM, paperheart said:

Spoiler

Samba TV has updated the running U.S. viewership on Disney+ Premier’s Dwayne Johnson-Emily Blunt adventure film Jungle Cruise and it’s 1.5M U.S. households through the pic’s first ten-days.

Multiply that by the pic’s in-home purchase price of $29.99 for Disney+ subscribers and Jungle Cruise has taken in $44.985M stateside in those homes clocked by Samba TV.

Sadly for Disney, just like Black Widow, there have been ZERO Disney+ purchases in the rest of the world. :insane:

Quit clowning around and get to watching Wonder Woman 1984, Black Widow and The Suicide Squad. We all need your detailed reviews!

:popcorn:

As I said in another thread I thought this was the most 'fun' movie I have seen all summer.  It was very enjoyable and I smiled the way I did when I saw 'Pirates' for the first time and I hope there is a sequel.

I promise it is worth the time. 

Disney’s Jungle Cruise, starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt, is getting ready to set sail on digital, 4K Ultra HD, and DVD later this month. Previously, the movie was released simultaneously in theaters and on Disney+ via Premier Access on July 30. Now, non-subscribers to Disney’s streaming service can join the rugged Frank Wolff and intrepid Lily Houghton on a fantasy adventure on all major digital platforms on August 31.

A physical release is also coming our way on November 16. 

That was a good movie as a family-focused adventure film. And you clearly can tell how it borrowed heavily from The Mummy and Pirates of the Caribbean franchises.

The jokes got old so glad after a while that stopped. It worked in the Mummy movies. Not here.

Inserting the homosexual brother who shared he turned down three women's marriage proposals because of 'other adventures' was heavy-handed diversity placation. And when he assumes the German villain was someone he may like so he tells him their intent and destination...

doh!

Like an alternative lifestyle implies you fall for the first person you happen across.

But still, a good adventure film.