• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men 1 (1963)
2 2

3 posts in this topic

So what do you think....CGC mistake or am I missing something? What would you grade the grading?

This seller received a Universal Grade on a label that is clearly stating all kinds of restoration.

Good for him/ her. King of obnoxious that they had the gall to state "Universal Grade" in the listing when they dodged a bullet and got a Universal label.

And also, photos posted are lo-res. OK enough but they won't enlarge. Nice one on the eBay seller...I hope the buyer returns it.

How does this happen? A HUGE KEY like this getting thru Quality Control.

Or am I mistaken? I hope I don't have just a passing knowledge in comics and rely solely on CGC and eBay, but I am no means an expert.

Anyway, what would you grade this grading by CGC?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373660823761?hash=item56ffebb0d1%3Ag%3AEQkAAOSw5npg8zRG&LH_Auction=1

XMEN RESTORE.GIF

IMO, the glue is no different than tape. It is being used to mend a broken piece and perhaps a small spine split. It's not your typical restoration since the piece added is not new but part of the book. CGC will count the defect(s) as if they were not mended and downgrade accordingly.

5.0 seems about right. I suppose the piece glued back in place is on the right edge of the front cover near Iceman's arm. It's size and the general wear of this copy is right for the VG range.

Thanks for sharing. I'm interested in what others may say and open to correction.

Thank you! My eyes are not as strong as they used to be and I need glasses (I am almost to the point of acknowledging that)

But I think it says it has restoration, yes? I think that's what I'm reading.

I could be completely off base, but shouldn't this get a purple restored label?