• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Web of Spider-Man 1
4 4

10 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2021 at 10:26 PM, SellinMyCollection said:

What do you think?

I think I'll always love this Vess cover.

Also, 9.2/9.4. Edge corners appear soft. Otherwise the book is in excellent shape.

Thanks for posting.

I'm not convinced it's not just the lighting, but there looks to be a sort of bend/curl parallel the spine at upper left. Assuming that's not an optical illusion, I'd go 9.0/9.2 as it is now (it's a pretty long bend, and defect size counts for a lot in CGC's system). On the other hand, that would almost certainly press out if you're into such things.

On 8/4/2021 at 9:18 AM, grendelbo said:

I think I'll always love this Vess cover.

Grade aside, agreed. I've always been a big fan of Vess.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:34 AM, Qalyar said:

bend/curl parallel the spine at upper left

Yeah, I saw that.

I always looked at this creasing as something caused by stacking books. Whether or not that's right I don't know.

In any case I have a certified 9.8 with the identical "flaw" so I assume it's production-related and no downgrade.

Agree with above on the spine, which to me looks like a spine roll that should press out. Though I'm not sure what the black marks are on back cover, I'll go 9.4 likely with c&p.

All,  Appreciate the feedback.  I did see the "bend" on the top left side.  I have had this book since it came out, hoping thats a factory thing.  Took a look at the top right corner and I agree it looks blunted in the pic (not sure why),  I took another look at the book and it is a beautiful right angle on that corner.  CHASEnBLUE, I dont see the black marks you are talking about.  I saw one spot below the bears ear which I just removed with a q-tip.

I appreciate all your feedback