• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Wolverine #1
3 3

9 posts in this topic

Possible press to 9.6.

Thanks for sharing the first comicbook I ever bought multiple copies of at publication.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:41 PM, Zegeroth said:

9.4, not improvae.  Bottom left edge wear limits

Thanks, can you explain what you mean about the left edge wear limits? I'm just trying to learn to raw grade my stuff better to be more accurate when selling.

On 8/6/2021 at 5:44 PM, Jesse Weiss said:

Thanks, can you explain what you mean about the left edge wear limits? I'm just trying to learn to raw grade my stuff better to be more accurate when selling.

On the back lower left, there is edge indentions that will be tallied.  In addition, there is a color breaking spine crease lower left front.  I see two brown spots on the lower right front.  There is light ink/darkening on the white areas of the book.

a press will remove the bends in the white on the back spine and make the surrounding area of the front spine crease look flat.  The color breaking area will stand out a bit.

When I combine that crease along with the edge wear and light ink, I come to a 9.4.  There is a chance it gets 9.6, but it’s more in the 9.4 range.