• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Special Marvel Edition 15 - Grade is In
3 3

15 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2021 at 8:13 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Hi All - The book came back 8.0 with White pages.
Did you guys actually grade this book at CGC? Nice solid estimates.

Thanks.

No, we're smarter than that. :roflmao:

Edited by Galen130

On 8/14/2021 at 1:42 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Thank. It’s a great looking 8.0! However there are enough flaws that puts it at 8.0

Before scrolling Down I thought 8.0 also (I swear lol)

For those thinking it looks better, the main detractors are the colour rubs. I have a 9.2 ASM 149 with the smallest spot of colour rub on the front and that’s what killed that book. This one, along with some light edge and corner wear, and multiple spots of colour rub on the cover, falls where it should.

And that’s not to say it’s not awesome because it is and I wish I had a copy!

On 8/14/2021 at 3:09 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Before scrolling Down I thought 8.0 also (I swear lol)

For those thinking it looks better, the main detractors are the colour rubs. I have a 9.2 ASM 149 with the smallest spot of colour rub on the front and that’s what killed that book. This one, along with some light edge and corner wear, and multiple spots of colour rub on the cover, falls where it should.

And that’s not to say it’s not awesome because it is and I wish I had a copy!

Thanks for the explanation. So many people get upset when a great looking book like this comes back as an 8.0. I had expected an 8.0 because of the exact reasons you mentioned.:sorry:

This is misunderstood by so many collectors.