• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #20 Volume 1!
3 3

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys I got a really nice book here, that unfortunately has tape purposely placed on the edges to protect it. I didn't do that, the guy I bought it from did. I'm not sure how this would affect grading, what do you guys think? Is there a special process to remove tape?

IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_2931 (1).jpg

Edited by Comics4Cash

That's a nice book if it weren't for the tape. I don't know how CGC grades tape and not really sure you should try and remove it. There may be a safe process to do it, but I'm not aware of it.

With just covers to go on, I would say if there was no tape easily a 7.5 to 8.0.

8.5 if it didn't have the tape.

7.0/7.5 with it. It's not fixing any flaws so no deduction other than the material added. I don't know what CGC will say but I won't downgrade much.

Looks like some tape was already removed in the front cover near the Spider-Man indica and it resulted in a little closer loss. If removal of the other pieces of tape would result in the same amount of damage (minor), I think you're book would still be in the FN range.

Thanks for posting.