• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] 10 cent pre-hero Brave and the Bold 4, 13, 16, 18, 21, plus Savage She-Hulk #1 NM+ 9.6! - REMAINING BOOKS DISCOUNTED - CLOSING TONIGHT 8/17 at 9 pm PDT to LIST ELSEWHERE

19 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, some tough to find early Brave and the Bold comics from my personal collection.  None have been cleaned or pressed.

First :takeit: in thread gets the book.

Shipping via USPS Priority Mail is $15.00 within the US.  Outside of the US is actual shipping cost.

Returns and refund okay if dissatisfied with the grade; just pay return shipping.  Please notify me within 72 hours after receiving the book(s).

Payment via PayPal or Venmo!

PM with questions or requests for additional pictures or reasonable offers.

Payment must be made within 24 Hours.

No Probies or HoS members.

These are my first sales here in several years, but I am a long-term boardie since 2004, former co-winner of the CGC Forum Grading Contest, plus I'm providing large scans for your perusal.   

First up, Brave and the Bold #4, VG+ 4.5 OW pages.  Nice, bright book, minor edge chipping and spine stress.  Moisture stain (pictured) on lower right corner.  No long creases, inks bright, cover reflectivity excellent for grade.  A very tough book in mid-grade or higher.  Top CGC census is a single 8.5.  

Price:  $225 NOW $185

945634532_BB4a.thumb.jpg.48282955c63595e994fccb4e4e45c503.jpg

BB4 b.jpg

BB4 d.jpg

BB4 c.jpg

Edited by FFB

Brave and the Bold #13, VG/FN 5.0, OW-W pages.  Nice, fresh book, presents nicer than assigned grade.  A thin crease at lower right brings it down to 5.0.  Again, a very tough book in mid-grade or higher.  Top CGC census is a lone 8.0.  

Price:  $180 NOW $150

BB 13 a.jpg

BB 13 b.jpg

BB 13 c.jpg

Edited by FFB

Brave and the Bold 16, FN- 5.5, OW-W pages.  Bright, vivid cover inks and gloss, book presents much higher.  Downgraded to 5.5 due to hairline crease down center that barely breaks color at a few small points along the line.  I bumped up the brightness so that the crease would be visible.  It makes the red along the banner look washed out, but it isn't. It's super bright and the ink is solid.  

Another tough book in mid-grade or higher.  Top CGC Census is a lone 8.5.

Price:  $240 NOW $195

BB 16 a.jpg

BB 16b.jpg

BB 16 c.jpg

Edited by FFB

Brave and the Bold 18, VG/FN 5.0, OW pages.  Beautiful cover, vivid inks and gloss.  There are two small water stains that go through the book at the bottom (shown) and a small chip out of the lower spine on the back or the book would grade much higher.  Another tough book in mid-grade or higher.  Top CGC Census is a lone 9.2, followed by a lone 8.5.  

Price:  $150 NOW $120

BB 18 a.jpg

BB 18 b.jpg

BB 18 c.jpg

Edited by FFB

Brave and the Bold #21 FN 6.0 OW pages.  Very nice copy, a solid Fine.  Classic cover art with bright inks and gloss.  Spine wear (visible in pictures) is the primary issue.  

Price:  $200 NOW $170

BB 21 a.jpg

BB 21 b.jpg

BB 21 c.jpg

Edited by FFB

Special Marvel Edition #16 VF+ 8.5, OW pages.  Second appearance of Shang Chi, first appearance of Midnight (villain).  Structurally a very tight book, in the NM/NM- range.  Slight color rub along the left brings it down to VF+.  I made sure it's visible in the scans - it doesn't look as noticeable in hand.    

SOLD

Edited by FFB
SOLD

On 8/10/2021 at 7:23 PM, FFB said:

Special Marvel Edition #16 VF+ 8.5, OW pages.  Second appearance of Shang Chi, first appearance of Midnight (villain).  Structurally a very tight book, in the NM/NM- range.  Slight color rub along the left brings it down to VF+.  I made sure it's visible in the scans - it doesn't look as noticeable in hand.    

Price:  $125

SME 16 a.jpg

SME 16 c.jpg

SME 16 b.jpg

Take 

Avengers Annual #10, VF/NM 9.0, OW pages.  First appearance of Rogue!  A very nice, bright, tight book with sharp corners and a clean spine.  The main reason for downgrade are two faint wrinkles at the top edge that barely break color on an otherwise extremely high grade copy.  

SOLD

Edited by FFB
SOLD

On 8/10/2021 at 2:30 PM, FFB said:

Avengers Annual #10, VF/NM 9.0, OW pages.  First appearance of Rogue!  A very nice, bright, tight book with sharp corners and a clean spine.  The main reason for downgrade are two faint wrinkles at the top edge that barely break color on an otherwise extremely high grade copy.  

Price:  $175

Avengers Annual 10 a.jpg

Avengers Annual 10 b.jpg

Take 

Savage She-Hulk #1 NM+ 9.6 OW-W pages.  First appearance and origin of She-Hulk!  One of the hottest bronze age books right now for sure.  The book is structurally flawless with razor sharp corners and edges, bright inks and incredible reflectivity.  The only reason I'm not calling it a NM/MT 9.8 is because of the bottom edge of the back cover, where there is a small 1/16" bindery tear that is fairly common for this issue in particular.  Because this is a production issue, it's quite possible that the book might grade 9.8 at CGC.  (I've seen a few that graded 9.8 with a slight back cover bindery tear on an otherwise perfect book.)  But just to make sure there are no issues, I am calling it a 9.6. 

Price:  $450 NOW $400

20210810_173338.jpg

20210810_173352.jpg

20210810_173423.jpg

Edited by FFB

On 8/10/2021 at 6:19 PM, FFB said:

Brave and the Bold #23, FN+ 6.5, OW-W pages.  Key issue with origin of the Viking Prince!  Nice and bright colors and gloss.  Very solid copy of a book that is extremely tough in mid-grade or above.  

Price:  $175

BB 23 a.jpg

Kubert cover? So good!!!