• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think I am obligated to disclose this....

102 posts in this topic

If they were in plods before why wood i need to see it.I would contact cgc with the serial number and ask them if your blue label book was ever in a plod before.

You are assuming that the cgc label has traveled with the book on its second trip to cgc. Otherwise, how would cgc know to give it the same serial designation???

Cgc keeps permenant scans of all the books they grade.

I have never heard that they discard the old scan to replace the new one.Have you heard that they discard the old scans in place of the new ones.I am told all records are permanant

I am not referring simply to the label.

Every book has notes that cgc has on file.You can call up about a book and ask for the information with a seriel number and get information on the book.

There is also the comicbook grapevine..[see above post]

You are very misinformed.

As the book would arrive raw,CGC would have no way of knowing if the book had ever visited Florida before.

CGC does not keep scans. If they did,the whole JE bs never could have occured.

Yet you claim that you already do something that is impossible to do?

Perhaps you should quit while you are not too far behind.

I have several Marvel SA keys that were bought as

PLODs because of Slight(A),small amounts of color touch.

Were I to send them out and have the CT removed,and after resubmission they recieved blue labels,do you think I am obligated to disclose their former lives as PLODs? popcorn.gif

I would if they were Keys = Big dollar books.

If it ends up being 9.0 ---> 7.5 on a key that 7.5 will probably be someones "keeper".

If it was me I'd want to know all about the book's past as much as possible.

YOU did not say you were going to take it out of the plod and send it in raw.That was not in your original statement.Cgc does scan books.I know all of mine are on file and even in the gallery.

I know that guys like steve and dave recognize books on the dime.They recognize the slightest clue.They are amazing and i have seen this many times by these guys.They wont recognize em all,but its not worth the risk to me.They pass this information on to there clients.

I am not challanging you[im getting the feeling[ im trying to help you.Its the only reason i responded.

Its sounds like you already had your mind made up.

good luck and god bless.

I am not referring simply to the label.

Every book has notes that cgc has on file.You can call up about a book and ask for the information with a seriel number and get information on the book.

There is also the comicbook grapevine..[see above post]

The serial number must remain constant throughout the life of the book in order to have access to cgc's notes. If you do not return the label with the book after the resto has been removed there is no way to connect the notes from the two submissions.

As for scans, I don't believe (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) that books are scanned at any stage of the grading process. You can order a hi-res scan for a fee, but that is delivered to you, with your books.

YOU did not say you were going to take it out of the plod and send it in raw.

Are you suggesting that cgc is going to remove the resto in-house. If that's the case, then you are privy to a service that is not available to the general public. 893whatthe.gif This may just be a very big can of worms without a top.

Scans are only available if imaging is selected by the submitter at the time of submission and those scans are then e-mailed to the submitter when the order is sent out. Scans cannot be retrieved at a later date or sent to another person.

That is the deal, i just punched it up.

My books are on file.But apparently not all are.Thus the confusion .

How would I have the book worked on and still have the book in its original slab?

Your book is in a plod with colortouch. You crack the book open.Have it unrestored.Than you put it in a new Blue label folder.

At least thats what i meanT

FFB and I had a heated debate about this some time ago. I was in the camp that said yes, you should disclose that it was restored and the restoration has been reversed so the buyer can make a fully informed decision. The other camp`s position is that if it`s been reversed, it`s been reversed, and there is no need to make full disclosure because there`s no need for a potential buyer to be able to make a fully informed decision.

Are you suggesting that cgc is going to remove the resto in-house. If that's the case, then you are privy to a service that is not available to the general public. This may just be a very big can of worms without a top.

Come on ,I never said that.

FFB and I had a heated debate about this some time ago. I was in the camp that said yes, you should disclose that it was restored and the restoration has been reversed so the buyer can make a fully informed decision. The other camp`s position is that if it`s been reversed, it`s been reversed, and there is no need to make full disclosure because there`s no need for a potential buyer to be able to make a fully informed decision.

Why have the resto removed in the 1st place if not to deceive the buying public with a new blue label? Is telling the truth really that difficult a concept? confused.gif

If a cover is saved because of resoration that can be a good thing. Minor aesthetic work to bring a high grade book higher does bother me.

Could not think of a better way to say that! You are spot on, there, Mister Hand! ::ohhh NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::