• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WHAT IF Series (2021)
1 1

22 posts in this topic

Third episode is an Avengers without Tony Stark, Thor, Hawkeye, Hulk.

:whatthe:

Episode 3: “What If... The World Lost Its Mightiest Heroes?”

• Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson)
  • Natasha Romanoff (Harley Quinn’s Lake Bell)
  • Tony Stark (Mick Wingert)
  • Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner)
  • Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo)
  • Loki (Tom Hiddleston)
  • Sif (Jaimie Alexander)
  • Hank Pym/Yellowjacket (Michael Douglas)
  • Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg)
  • Brock Rumlow (Frank Grillo)
  • General Ross (Mike McGill)
  • Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel (Alexandra Daniels)
Edited by Bosco685
Additional cast details

A decent episode - but the short format doesn't allow it to develop further to make it a great episode.

If anything it has scenes you will remember from various MCU films joined together in a different light. But that is going to get old for me if it is commonly 'look how we changed that up'.

On 8/25/2021 at 5:12 AM, Bosco685 said:

A decent episode - but the short format doesn't allow it to develop further to make it a great episode.

If anything it has scenes you will remember from various MCU films joined together in a different light. But that is going to get old for me if it is commonly 'look how we changed that up'.

I agree.

the episodes all feel as though I have already seen it and it is simply as you say 'look how we changed that up'.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:35 AM, Artboy99 said:

I agree.

the episodes all feel as though I have already seen it and it is simply as you say 'look how we changed that up'.

I wanted to see much more of this Black Widow as they made her quite intense and deadly (circa Iron Man 2 to Captain America: The Winter Soldier days).

I watched the first two. The first one wasn't too bad. Enjoyed the WW2 Iron Man/ Super Agent Carter. I'd say it was a C+. The 2nd one felt a bit too cartoonish/goofy, kind of boring as well. I would rate that one around a D/D+.

Hopefully these improve.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:52 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

My wild bombshell hypothesis: 

Marvel will introduce mutants into the MCU with a What If? episode based on What if #10 What if Wolverine Had Killed The Hulk?  

I said it first. 

so far all 3 episodes have been re-treads of recent movie content. I would love to see that Wolverine episode but I doubt it

On 8/25/2021 at 6:55 AM, Bosco685 said:

I wanted to see much more of this Black Widow as they made her quite intense and deadly (circa Iron Man 2 to Captain America: The Winter Soldier days).

I agree, really liked her.

Something interesting: I assume this episode was made before the Scarlett vs Disney stuff, but noted Scarlett didnt voice Black Widow.

Edited by Artboy99

Have you guys never read What If? This episode was fine.

I’m interested to see how these stories all interconnect.

The show is dry. Cold. Even dull.

Additionally, the MCU has reveled in the Hulk's mistreatment post-We have a Hulk.

I reckon if Disney controlled the Hulk IP they wouldn't write him like this.

This latest mistreatment of the Hulk is enough. 

I've lost interest.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:05 PM, piper said:

Have you guys never read What If? This episode was fine.

I’m interested to see how these stories all interconnect.

absolutely!

I think collectively the board members here are hoping to see something not connected to the recent movies. I understand why they would make stories connected to their movie universe though.

Example: I really enjoyed the What If story where the spirit of Steven Strange joins Frank Castle and together they are vampire slayers. The lord of vampires is none other than Wolverine. 

I acknowledge the story is based on the Dracula issues of X-Men though.

Edited by Artboy99