• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Display Porfolio Suggestions For Comic Pages

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a display portfolio suggestion for comic pages. The caveat is that a bunch of my pages are from Dark Horse which have 11x17.25 sized pages so your standard 11x17 ones won't fit. Seems like the next size up is 13x19 which is just too big for me.

Edited by Tnexus

I'm a small collector so I don't have many pages, and so not many portfolios. To deal with the differents formats that I already encountered (70's, 80's, oversized, modern or even sometimes totally homemade by the artist - Art Adams - that break all standards) - a situation which can soon become a nightmare - , I took the radical decision that you don't want to consider :

- A2 format art porfolios for pages

- A3 format art portfolios for sketches

My porfolios have black sheets inside, so, as a result, the presentation is excellent in my opinion, as if the pages were framed by the remaining / surrounding black area.

I'm probably in a minority here, but this way, the disparities in what you buy and then store are totally levered and the "too tight" situation (when pages render unevenly in a portfolio) disappears too.

I got used to manipulate them, and handling the A2 ones has its style (it impresses friends every time, for a few seconds, as if I was taking out a Ferrari of my garage :bigsmile:)

Edited by Ecclectica

On 8/27/2021 at 7:54 PM, Tnexus said:

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a display portfolio suggestion for comic pages. The caveat is that a bunch of my pages are from Dark Horse which have 11x17.25 sized pages so your standard 11x17 ones won't fit. Seems like the next size up is 13x19 which is just too big for me.

Unless you are planning a home brew portfolio, I think you are out of luck. May this be the worst thing that happens to you.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:54 PM, Tnexus said:

Hi guys,

Itoya has recently begun producing a 12x18 Profolio book. You might check with your local art supply store and see if they can order them for you. Amazon has this new size in stock, but they are fulfilled by an Amazon Marketplace sellers.

I used to only keep a 11x17 portfolio for smaller sketches and commissions. For all the items that were too for that space, I would take an 11x17 sheet of paper and mount the art using framing corners right in the middle so that the paper. Perhaps you could do something similiar?

On 8/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, cmaeditor said:

Itoya has recently begun producing a 12x18 Profolio book. You might check with your local art supply store and see if they can order them for you. Amazon has this new size in stock, but they are fulfilled by an Amazon Marketplace sellers.

This is what I ended up with. Surprisingly none of my local art stores had it. Was forced to give money to Amazon for it.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions/help!