• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE GRADE IS IN - PGM The Incredible Hulk 181
3 3

29 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2021 at 4:25 AM, 67Lovers said:

9499DE7E-B862-4161-92B9-5DD8B29032C2.thumb.jpeg.d205fa21aadd7e8009fd73e50468bf94.jpeg

Congratulations!

Can you post close-up pics, especially of potential defects that others have already pointed out, and especially of the back cover please?

It would be interesting and instructive to see how many of these were corrected by the CGC C&P people, and if they weren't fixed what is allowable for a 9.2 grade.

It's tough to grade a book via pictures but nearly impossible to grade a book before a clean and press.  The press and clean must have been fantastic to bump it up to 9.2 but how can you grade a book before it gets pressed?

Man people were harsh on this one. The front cover spine has no ticks, the corners are great. The back has a TON of pressable defects which, based on the end result, pressed out nicely. A few spots I am sure remained with signs of wear (that back bottom left edge likely) but before scrolling I was at a 9.0 with a press. 

On 11/5/2021 at 12:16 AM, 67Lovers said:

Here’s the back of the book gentleman. The C&P was very good.1A6D51E2-8297-4F3F-A11B-0FC61B6D9756.thumb.jpeg.21c0fb01d321345cda24df4b322994ed.jpeg

Thanks but would you mind to do the same close-up shots as in your original post? This would help to see the corrections better.

Edited by Albert Thurgood
corrected typo

Wow! I always try and form my own opinion of the book before I scroll down to others comments and thought 7.5 myself. Lol, who pressed it and can I have their contact info?